Sweet Deal on LG L246W

OMG! why do you need to post this!!! time to whip out the CC!:D

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I've wanted to get this monitor for a while, but it was stuck at the $600.00 pricepoint for a while. Time to buy!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I've wanted to get this monitor for a while, but it was stuck at the $600.00 pricepoint for a while. Time to buy!

yeah! i have a $75 GC and im just waiting for this to go down. if you guys are buying this get a 10% off ebay to save some $$$:D

Does the 10% work on this? I was emailing a seller but they haven't responded back yet. Let me know!

Edit: is this a coupon you print, or a code you can use online? PM me if you can since we can't link to ebay from here...

I've been keeping an eye on this. Too bad I just spent $1.5k upgrading my pc and I'm stuck with a 21" monitor :(

i bought this monitor back when it was on sale for $650 back in june

this monitor is awesome ! has HDMI DVI and Component
I use it for my wii and pc and it does scaling !

it has both dvi and hdmi? the newegg link says only hdmi but bestbuy says both..:confused:

also does anyone know bestbuys return policy on dead pixels?

I imagine the Soyo is a TN panel for that price?

I'm in on this for sure. I attempted to pick one up earlier today and it was no-go from my CC for some reason :/ Hopefully it gets worked out later tonight or tomorrow :(

I imagine the Soyo is a TN panel for that price?

I'm in on this for sure. I attempted to pick one up earlier today and it was no-go from my CC for some reason :/ Hopefully it gets worked out later tonight or tomorrow :(

nah. it was a mva or something like that. the same one thats in one of the 24 inch acers

8ms response time. Baaaaaaaah Eww.. no thanks im annoyed at the 5ms response. But got used to it.

Ide prefer if buying a new LCD samsung's 22"ers

also does anyone know bestbuys return policy on dead pixels?

Best Buy will accept it for refund for any reason as long as it's within 14 days. I love Newegg for everything EXCEPT buying monitors. The brick and mortar stores are the only place to buy a new monitor if your worried about dead/stuck pixels.

8ms response time. Baaaaaaaah Eww.. no thanks im annoyed at the 5ms response. But got used to it.

You can't go by that. Different manufacturers rate their response time differently than others so it's not an apples to apples comparison. This LG at 8ms might be faster than brand X's at 4ms. Try it before you knock it. I have a 24" Dell and I'd trade it in a heartbeat for the LG L246W. I've owned the 22" model LG (manufactured back in January) and it rocked. Best 22"er on the market as far as I was concerned. Much better than any of the other 22" LCD's that I've tried.

Glossy or matte screen? Thanks.
It's a combination of both I think. It has a slightly reflective surface when looking at it from the sides but looks like matte from a distance when looking head on. This might explain the deep color saturation of this LCD.

It's a combination of both I think. It has a slightly reflective surface when looking at it from the sides but looks like matte from a distance when looking head on. This might explain the deep color saturation of this LCD.

This is the way I recall it looking when I had a chance to check one out at BB about a month ago.

Guys the LG 246W is one of two best 24" LCD's out there, forget about Dell or Acer the LG is well worth this price.

You will probably lose $50 off the return or return the monitor with the card. Either way the return policy is 14 days.

If I purchased this monitor a few weeks ago, will Best Buy price match and adjust it?

Anyone ever try hooking an Xbox 360 to this guy? I'm lookin' for a 23-26" display and this price looks nice ..

Bestbuy low price guarentee is listed here and is for the first 30 days after purchase:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&categoryId=pcmcat7600050003&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098 Only bad thing is there are a few "Exclusions" that are only good for 14 days and monitors are one of them. So basically if it's been more than 2 weeks your S.O.L. :(
No problemo, just return the monitor (no restocking fee). I'd complain about the silliness of the PM policy when you can just return it and repurchase it with the same results, but they're not corporate so it'd all be falling on deaf ears.

No problemo, just return the monitor (no restocking fee). I'd complain about the silliness of the PM policy when you can just return it and repurchase it with the same results, but they're not corporate so it'd all be falling on deaf ears.

you can't return monitors after 14 days either

so i got the monitor and i love it

the brightness at about 75% looks fantastic, and I love the extra desktop space I get with 1920x1200 resolution

The input lag so far has not been an issue. I played some source at 1920x1200, full settings with 4x aa and it feels nearly identical to playing it on my crt. I also tried it at 1080p with my ps3 and 1:1 scaling and it looks fantastic. Also tried my wii and that looks great (low res but great).

Didn't see a single dead or stuck pixel on it, so I'm considering taking off the protective sticker on the base and keeping it :)

so i got the monitor and i love it

the brightness at about 75% looks fantastic, and I love the extra desktop space I get with 1920x1200 resolution

The input lag so far has not been an issue. I played some source at 1920x1200, full settings with 4x aa and it feels nearly identical to playing it on my crt. I also tried it at 1080p with my ps3 and 1:1 scaling and it looks fantastic. Also tried my wii and that looks great (low res but great).

Didn't see a single dead or stuck pixel on it, so I'm considering taking off the protective sticker on the base and keeping it :)

Did the coupon work? :p

i went to BB yesterday to look at the monitor and i asked 2 workers if they would take the printed out coupon and they said "I dont see why not." Due to that i think im going to go get one today.

Great! I sold my 37w3 at a pretty [h]ard loss :(

At least I can go back to the LG246W now, can't wait to get home from work to go buyyy it w/ $50 GC coupon to be used towards Guild Wars or a Video game!

i got this monitor last sunday! love the extra space and i have no problem w/ playing games. the reviews are right it is bright but you can adjust it nyways. its better to have some good quality panels than getting a cheap one and dead after a few months. I have not tested the 1080p res yet coz i dont have a PS3 :(. ill work on that in a few months. lol

All in all its great. dont need a light in the room coz this will do it. lol

i called my local CC and they said they would to the 110% price match :eek: I be back soon maybe with a 24" lcd

Back