Sweaty hands

Rivera

Limp Gawd
Ok, i'm fckng tired from washing my hands after few rounds in BO2. For example.
I know i'm not the only one with that problem.
Anyone knows way to stop/reduce it? Gaming gloves? Any experience? I think they will even double it.
Your ideas?

Hyperhidrosis ! my friend has this. we would call him sweat hands in high school. cause when he gave up the controller it would be soaked hahahaha.

supposedly drysol works wonders for sweaty hands though maybe peep it.

Not a single clean solution. There's a Korean StarCraft 2 pro (Koh "GuMiho" Byung Jae) that even plays televised matches with a towel on his mouse, so there you go.

It's not extreme sweating, but it's pretty annoying. I know what is hyperhidrosis - not my case.

Anyone knows way to stop/reduce it? Gaming gloves?

BO2? An unfortunate contraction! :D

I have something similar: the paint on my Cougar joystick is significantly worn - and I eventually got around it by wearing driving gloves.

I find the texture of your mouse can affect this. For example that horrid gloss coating razer puts on 90% of their mice makes my hand sweat profusely, whereas the slightly textured surface Logitech puts on their mice hardly makes my hand sweat at all (see: g500, g5). I've heard of people using a fine grit sandpaper to roughen the contact surfaces of Razer mice to alleviate this problem.

I'm uncertain what kind of surface the MMO7 mouse referenced in your sig has though.

Wipe your hand on your shirt. A lot.

That's what I do.

I also wipe down my mouse with a microfiber cloth every hour or so (only takes 10 seconds), and thoroughly before I head to bed/out.

I also wipe down my mouse with a microfiber cloth every hour or so (only takes 10 seconds), and thoroughly before I head to bed/out.

OCD anyone? :D

just rub your hands together if you feel it getting sweaty...or buy multiple mice

OCD anyone? :D

just rub your hands together if you feel it getting sweaty...or buy multiple mice

Well, yes, but that's a different topic :D .

I just like it to be clean and sweat free. Makes picking it up again that much more enjoyable. This might be my last Razer mouse though, they really do make my hands sweat a lot, especially that gloss shit, as Drakenfeng mentioned.

Try hitting them bitches with some talc every so often?

I was having this problem recently but changed mouse pads.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V7ARAU/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00

I was using an old RatPad but the sweat was grossly just hanging out on it and the laser in the mouse would be completely useless because it couldn't track over the now glossy disgusting surface.

FYI my hands only sweat when I turn my space heater on. I'll still be cold but my hands will sweat like its their national past time

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You could try weight lifting or fitness gloves they would breath and they are built for moisture (with the open finger they shouldn't impede your mouse clicking) ... I wear a pair when I am bike commuting in the summer since my hands get a little sweaty biking in 80+ temps

I had really bad hyperhydrosis, I got surgery that fixed it a long time ago, best thing I ever did, I only wish I had got it sooner. No more sweaty hands. I had it really bad though, constant sweat no matter the condition. It is a real disease, of varying degree in people.

Couple of tips.

1. Don't drink lots Caffeine , it bumps up your heart rate/blood pressure pumping more blood around your body thus increasing your body temp. This will only make sweaty palms ..more sweaty. Drinking a lot of alcohol can also increase your blood pressure and lead to sweater hands.

2. Wash your hands under warm water for a few minutes before a long gaming session. Your skin will prune right up and constrict sweat from pouring out. This is only a small benefit as it doesn't last very long.

3. Zinc Oxide (Baby Powder too but not as well) .. rub it into your hands ( you can buy the stuff at almost any pharmacy) and it will keep your skin drier ..longer. DO NOT overuse Zinc Oxide though as it will dry out and crack your skin. After your gaming session is over counter act it with some basic over the counter lotion.

I use these tips as I have very sweaty hands and I rarely have an issue.

Fan for mouse hand is a must for any hardcore gamer...
shizmouseod9.jpg

Also for summer, def gotta cop that nut sack fan...
nutsackfan.jpg

That is an old pic. He has a 120hz lcd now. I just changed from crt to 120hz lcd myself.

Yeah, a fan is a good idea. So are the weightlifting gloves and yes exercise helps too.

lol, that was one of many CRT's I had, think it was a p1110(trinitron FD), was my 2008 setup. Totally dominated any "gaming lcd's" that were out then. Not a good looking as my GDM-F520's though, but still an awesome CRT. I now use a 27" Samsung S27A750D 120hz 3D LED. It's nice, but still miss the CRT's.

Was able to handle 170hz@720p, 120hz@1600x900 or 85hz@1080p, yes you could format it 16:9 to get advantages of wider FOV by using OSD adjustments to add black bars on top and bottom. of the screen to keep aspect ratio formatted correctly.

*edit, lol thnx spaceman :)

Nut sack fan, LOL. Love it. Though you can't beat some good old A.C. in the summer. Get it ice cold.

The hand fan seems like a great idea tbh. Might try the baby powder shit.

Question. Are they getting cold during an intense gaming session? Aka something highly competitive? Or just when you're chilling and doing nothing extreme.

Whoa, i'm impressed with such load of replies... Thanks. To clear some things:
I'm not fat and does not have any problems with health (well, except gastritis, should be not related).
Tried with gaming glove, pretty shitty results.
As i already said, it's not extreme sweating - it's just extremely annoying, so i am forced to wash my hands pretty often and (as someone mentioned here) wiping my hands around my shirt.
I'm not only play games, i work as well and do not drink coffee or energy drinks (well, drinked alot of redbull, but stopped drinking it around half year ago).

But small desktop fan for mouse keyboard is great idea. Something like this should work?

Last edited:
Nut sack fan, LOL. Love it. Though you can't beat some good old A.C. in the summer. Get it ice cold.
:cool: Yep AC is key also, that's a 13,000BTU AC unit to the left of my PC, I have it directed to blow across the intake fans of my case and onto me while sitting at the desk, it's used in conjunction with the houses central AC unit. My computer room stays 65°F(18°C) year round :D

Something like this should work?
That Termaltake one you links looks good, but I'd stick with this one instead, it's super reliable. Same one that I used pictured above...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-and-Decker-6-Personal-Metal-Fan/21097089?findingMethod=rr

There's antiperspirant lotions out there - generally for sports use. Decent sporting good stores should have some in addition to online.

I thought I saw a mouse mod a while back where somebody actually put a fan in the palm of the mouse... Came across this new one with integrated fan just googling it:

7148_88_tt_esports_debuts_black_element_cyclone_edition_mouse_featuring_a_detachable_fan.jpg

Then I found a pic of someone's mod:

10-fan-mouse.jpg

And another:

l6de0.jpg

Might be worth a shot?

I find the texture of your mouse can affect this. For example that horrid gloss coating razer puts on 90% of their mice makes my hand sweat profusely, whereas the slightly textured surface Logitech puts on their mice hardly makes my hand sweat at all (see: g500, g5). I've heard of people using a fine grit sandpaper to roughen the contact surfaces of Razer mice to alleviate this problem.

I'm uncertain what kind of surface the MMO7 mouse referenced in your sig has though.

For normal people like myself who's hands don't sweat, that "horrid gloss coating" helps with grip. I find the new slick textured coating on the Black edition Deathadder makes it much harder to lift and reposition the mouse with my thumb and 4th digit. This is the reason people use the sandpaper.

For normal people like myself who's hands don't sweat, that "horrid gloss coating" helps with grip. I find the new slick textured coating on the Black edition Deathadder makes it much harder to lift and reposition the mouse with my thumb and 4th digit. This is the reason people use the sandpaper.

:rolleyes:

Back