Swat 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

polydiol

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok - who has found it and where? Employees at Gamestop at 10:30am were dragging their feet and hadn't unpacked it and were unwilling.

Damnit - I need to find a better video game store.

Hopefully I'll find it by the end of the day.

went into software etc today and there were many there. installing it now

Have preordered it but won´t release until 8 april in Sweden and rest of Europe I guess. Germans use to be quick to get games though lol.

Please let us know if they fixed the horrible run/walk speed, I'll then consider it as my next purchase.

The bestbuy around here does not have any out yet. I asked them if they had any in the back and they said they couldn't sell them until the release date. How hard is it to walk in the back room and get a kid a copy of SWAT4 :p

How is it, for the guys who have it? It seems like the SWAT series have always been a half assed copy of R6. I can't wait untill the new R6 comes out :)

Kevin003 said:
The bestbuy around here does not have any out yet. I asked them if they had any in the back and they said they couldn't sell them until the release date. How hard is it to walk in the back room and get a kid a copy of SWAT4 :p

Did you punch them in the face for not being smart enough to realise yesturday was the release date?

EDIT: Had the demo and enjoyed it. I LOVED Swat3, the multiplayer was where it was at .I will pick this up friday when i get paid.

ScreamingBroccoli said:
How is it, for the guys who have it? It seems like the SWAT series have always been a half assed copy of R6. I can't wait untill the new R6 comes out :)

Well not really SWAT 3 was really good. But R6 is for the bad guys SWAT 4 is for the good guys :D

But what I have read about it and seen in videos look very cool. Quite a genius move create a tactical fps games where you should shoot as little as possible. Okay in CS and R6 you shouldn´t shoot hostages but the bad guys where like "bombs away" lol. I love the idea but I know what will happen the first time I play it. I will end up scoring head shots and probably kill quite a few civilians as well because I get too nervous :p

But Irrational games I mean have they ever failed?

Viper87227 said:
Did you punch them in the face for not being smart enough to realise yesturday was the release date?

EDIT: Had the demo and enjoyed it. I LOVED Swat3, the multiplayer was where it was at .I will pick this up friday when i get paid.

Makes me want to go back their and punch the 17yr old retard in training. Reminds me of a joke at a feedstore i used to work at. No No Chris the customer wanted a Buckeye Training, not a Bug eyed Trainee. HaHa good old bosses making fun of new employees.

Kevin003 said:
Makes me want to go back their and punch the 17yr old retard in training. Reminds me of a joke at a feedstore i used to work at. No No Chris the customer wanted a Buckeye Training, not a Bug eyed Trainee. HaHa good old bosses making fun of new employees.

From where in IL do you hail? Maybe we can tag team him ;)

Viper87227 said:
From where in IL do you hail? Maybe we can tag team him ;)

Im in woodstock IL its near Rockford or McHenry if you know were those are at. But the bestbuy that i went to was in Crystal Lake. Made me waste gas damn him.

Kevin003 said:
Im in woodstock IL its near Rockford or McHenry if you know were those are at. But the bestbuy that i went to was in Crystal Lake. Made me waste gas damn him.

I drive behind that BB every day. I live in Johnsburg, but I take 176 to MCC every day. Lets go kick his ass.

I wonder if idiots are just common there. I was there a few months ago, and owned some dumbass. He tryed to tell a customer that a 9800Pro was alot better than a 6600GT :confused: I told the best buy empoloyee to leave me alone so I could help the guy. He left with a 6600GT ;) (and saved $10)

heres a mini-review of the MP aspect:

the new MP maps are insanely detailed and great, first of all. the run speed doesn't seem to be so slow with these new maps because the maps are more CQB. if it was any quicker it would really detract from the thinking and strategies you can employ. voice commands are very convenient, you can say basically any maneuver you would want someone to do, like where is the VIP, if you are the VIP your guy will say 'where am i?'. lol

Viper87227 said:
I drive behind that BB every day. I live in Johnsburg, but I take 176 to MCC every day. Lets go kick his ass.

I wonder if idiots are just common there. I was there a few months ago, and owned some dumbass. He tryed to tell a customer that a 9800Pro was alot better than a 6600GT :confused: I told the best buy empoloyee to leave me alone so I could help the guy. He left with a 6600GT ;) (and saved $10)

Lets see here we could go with plan A and just kill him dump him in wonder lake if you know where thats at. No one with the right mind is going to go in that lake. Or we could go with plan b which is going to cost more money for me anyways. Ill just take my truck and drive it into best buy running over all of the stupid ass best buy employees. Either way we are gonna get arrested so we better hold back :D

Kevin003 said:
Lets see here we could go with plan A and just kill him dump him in wonder lake if you know where thats at. No one with the right mind is going to go in that lake. Or we could go with plan b which is going to cost more money for me anyways. Ill just take my truck and drive it into best buy running over all of the stupid ass best buy employees. Either way we are gonna get arrested so we better hold back :D

Lets go with your truck. If were gunna face life anyways, might as well go out in style.

forget the criminals in swat4, i think YOU guys need a jolt from a tazer, lol

This game is excellent if you played the demo its still the same game, a little faster in movement and the gameplay imo is really good, certainly one of the best games of the year for me and I play a lot!
At first there are a lot of controls to get used to like "insert" for your teams view and "pageup" for snipers veiw etc that you probably are not used to using but it becomes easier after a few missions. Also I used to shout at the terrorists and hope they put their guns down, sometimes they pretend to then try to blow the shit outta you, its kinda funny but not when hes the last man in the mission and you have to do it all over again.

Another thing is the difficulty levels, easy means you can do anything you dopnt need anypoints to get to the next level, although I prefer to play properly It could be fun just to shot everything you see including hostages :D

Overall I would give it a 9/10, well designed, fairly unique at the minute, great gameplay, nice graphics, good AI, so theres what I think and im away to play now ;)

How are the other difficulty levels? Which one do you recommend :)

oqvist said:
How are the other difficulty levels? Which one do you recommend :)

Generally I play on hard, elite can only be played if you played the level a few times and know the layout and stuff.

Another reat thing is that if you fail a mission and restart the criminals and hostages will be in different places, and also react differently eg. say he surrendered the last time round this time he may try and run or shoot you regardless. This keeps you guessing and therefore not repetitive. :)

Yeah have read that in numerous reviews and sounds like a great feature. Hopefully it will not cause to much frustrations with levels you can´t pass lol but I guess you can have individual difficulty for each level or?

oqvist said:
Yeah have read that in numerous reviews and sounds like a great feature. Hopefully it will not cause to much frustrations with levels you can´t pass lol but I guess you can have individual difficulty for each level or?

Yeah you can select the difficulty for each level and like I said before if its really anoying you can you cant beat it put it on eeasy it needs a score of 0 to pass, in other words you cant fail ;)

Nah I think I will skip easy. May run easy on my second rerun just to cause mayhem and go beserk lol.

Viper87227 said:
I LOVED Swat3, the multiplayer was where it was at .I will pick this up friday when i get paid.

your kidding right?

the mp mode was an after thought/add-on and it sucked, ran like shit

SWAT 4 will not last long
there are several serious issues with the mp that were never fixed from the fucking beta
isn't that the point of a beta?

the single player is a total fucking joke compared to SWAT 3
So many things that were great about SWAT 3 were just not included in SWAT 4
maybe that's why they give you SWAT 3 when you pre order swat 4
so at least you will have one good game

the game also runs like ass on my system
had no problem with the demo
now my fps are a joke

once this game starts to die off I'm sure it will go the way of tribes:vengence

Difficulty is as follows:
Easy = score of zero
Normal = score of 50
Hard = score of 75
Elite = score of 95

Its not anything to get at least 75 on the missions, last night it took me around 10 tries at the A-Bomb Nightclub at the Hard setting but when I finally got through it I finished with a score of 93. That level gave me the most trouble (gerat fun though, never annoying) because there are a lot of doors and rooms and the A.I. isn't very forgiving with their accuracy so it was a considerable challenge for me as I equipped my squad with non-lethal weaponry and I ended up with 2 of my officers incapacitated. I can imagine the challenge on Elite :eek:

Overall I'm very impressed with the game - I love the graphics and the attention to detail, only minor complaint are the loading times but it is a miniscule price to pay for the awesome experience I've had so far. I've been absolutely glued to my computer and I haven't been since Half Life 2.

I'll try to get some screenshots linked within the next few days.

Here is a LINK to some movies on gamespy.

oqvist said:
Tribes Vengeance is a killer game so I hope it will :)

Vivendi Universal Games has announced on their forums that they are abandoning support for Tribes:Vengeance. This comes as terrible news for many fans (know for their rabid devotion of the series) and those that purchased and enjoyed the game but were plagued with spotty net code and cheating. While promising a patch for months, VUG stated that a legal dispute with a third party was responsible for the delay. Many speculated that it was a dispute between VUG and Evenbalance, the makers of PunkBuster Anti-Cheat Software. Fans thought that was resolved when VUG announced that development was continuing and Evenbalance announced support for T:V. The patch delay has caused much turmoil in the community before this lateset announcement. Many mod projects have just recently abandoned T:V for another engine, the Torque Shader Engine which is the latest version of the engine used for Tribes:2. Citing, issues with the unreal engine, lack of support, and lack of proper modding tools, the mod makers of Starsiege:2845 and Renegades packed up and moved on. Now just days later, VUG makes the announcement with one short and concise, locked, post: “Development on the previously announced Tribes: Vengeance 1.1 update has been cancelled. No further updates to Tribes: Vengeance are planned.”

you have no fucking clue do you?

you just hoped for the developers to abandon SWAT4

lol

anyhow

I'm sure SWAT4 will be a hit on X-Box maybe
but PC version is a joke

i was just playing swat 4 just now, and i just finished the third mission... i don't know why, but i got stuck on the training mode at the firing range :confused: :confused: so i had to spend like 2 hours before i finally got the hang of it. The run speed in this game is kinda like the walk speed in other games like CS, and the walk speed in this game is slower than a snail crawling.. seriously. I hate it when you get injured around the lower body, cause the game then forces you to walk instead of run. I don't quite get the whole clearing thing, because if i try to go in with non-lethal forces, the enemies just kill me. If i go in full force, i lose the mission cause of improper force... oh and this game is all about room clearing, actually, thats exactly what the game is based on. room clearing. Maybe more will come later, but the weapon selection is PATHETIC. 2 assult rifles, 3 smgs (2 are the same gun), and 2 shot guns. Also the mission requirements are damn frustrating. All missions have a requirement of "bring order to chaos", which is aka kill or capture everyone and anyone in the mission. So even if you complete all the other primary objectives, you still don't beat the mission until you run around the map a few times looking for the last hostage or enemy.

for me right now, i give it a 6.5/10

Bender_Unit_22 said:
your kidding right?

the mp mode was an after thought/add-on and it sucked, ran like shit

SWAT 4 will not last long
there are several serious issues with the mp that were never fixed from the fucking beta
isn't that the point of a beta?

the single player is a total fucking joke compared to SWAT 3
So many things that were great about SWAT 3 were just not included in SWAT 4
maybe that's why they give you SWAT 3 when you pre order swat 4
so at least you will have one good game

the game also runs like ass on my system
had no problem with the demo
now my fps are a joke

once this game starts to die off I'm sure it will go the way of tribes:vengence

the framerate actually improved a bit on my system in the full version, and ive heard many others that the same is true. so its your rig.

k after playing 2 more hours, i can conclude that this game is a waste of time.

1. the only way to go non lethal, which is almost a requirement, is to arm your entire team with paintball guns and beanbag shot guns.

2. it is damn redundent. 1. look with mirror under door 2. open, gas/bang, clear 3. click the middle mouse button furiously 4. arrest suspect 5. repeat for hours and hours

3. mission requirements are damn rediculous. you MUST click on every enemy and hostage AFTER you've spent 5 seconds handcuffing them, and ALSO pick up EVERY enemy's gun in order to complete a mission. Even if you miss one of the above, you gota run around until you get it, and with no in game maps, you'll be running around a hell lot. i just spent like 1 and half hours on the a-bomb level, and i've completed EVERY objective but not kill one enemy hiding in some obscure place on the second floor. I spent 30 minutes running around the damn place, sometimes going in circles, searching for it. When i do find him, he was hiding in a corner, so i unexpectantly walked into his trap, and BAM! 1 second and i'm dead. game over. FUCK

4. crappy teammate ai. you order them to gas and clear, and they rush in 1 second after they toss the gas grenade, effectively getting themselves killed. Oh and it is damn easy to get killed too, if you don't pay attention, 2 shots from an enemy (like 1 second) and ur dead, mission failed. Theres no leniency like in rainbow six where if the guy ur controlling gets killed and you just switch to another. in this game, if ur guy is dead, its game over.

oh and did i mention that there are no in game saves whatsoever?

Umm dude, the gas doesnt effect them cause they have goggles and whatnot. they are supposed to run in after they throw it.

diehard said:
Umm dude, the gas doesnt effect them cause they have goggles and whatnot. they are supposed to run in after they throw it.

no, my point was they run in before the suspects start coughing and crying from the effects of the gas grenade.

clicking the button to have your guy yell repeatedly doesn't make suspects give up any quicker. just makes the situation louder

Flannel said:
clicking the button to have your guy yell repeatedly doesn't make suspects give up any quicker. just makes the situation louder

which just makes it the more frustrating

Flannel said:
the framerate actually improved a bit on my system in the full version, and ive heard many others that the same is true. so its your rig.

what card you using?

I've had no problems running any other game

I run Doom 3 better then this pos

Just picked this up and I have been playing for the last 3 hours. Overall, I think it's great. I really enjoyed the demo and haven't bought a game in a while so I said why not. I like Co-Op online the best. That kicks ass. I give it an 8/10.

the more I think about it

the more this game sucks

I love tactical shooters

but this is just a dumbed down piece of shit X-box title

I miss the days when we had PC games made for the........

PC

seen reviews of this. Any good? All i've seen and read looks pretty average to me, tbh. I think i'll wait 'til it's in the Bargain Bin (and 'til I've got a comp capable of playing it :p )

Bender_Unit_22 said:
the more I think about it

the more this game sucks

I love tactical shooters

but this is just a dumbed down piece of shit X-box title

I miss the days when we had PC games made for the........

PC

Deja vu anyone ;) Think I have seen this post before...

In what way is the SWAT 4 optimized for consoles? If you want the SWAT 3 hotkey commands you can still have them. Irrational games is more familiar developing PC games so I should say it´s quite the other way around.

Bender Unit 22, you don't need to repeat your thread crap multiple times, we can read your first post where you said that this is a "pos game".

I might go pick this up in a few minutes, is it worth the $50? I had the beta and thought it was cool if they could fix the movement, its just a little too slow for me. When you charge into a room I don't think you want to go crawling in there :eek: Hows the multiplayer?

oqvist said:
Deja vu anyone ;) Think I have seen this post before...

In what way is the SWAT 4 optimized for consoles? If you want the SWAT 3 hotkey commands you can still have them. Irrational games is more familiar developing PC games so I should say it´s quite the other way around.

'm sure you will continue to see it
PC games are best when they are actually made just for the PC

it's dumbed down so it will be easier to play with a controler
the command interface for one
the element selection
reporting to TOC
have been assigned to one button making it clunky on the pc but perfect for a console
the MP server screen is a joke
and many other things

retardedchicken said:
Bender Unit 22, you don't need to repeat your thread crap multiple times, we can read your first post where you said that this is a "pos game".

I might go pick this up in a few minutes, is it worth the $50? I had the beta and thought it was cool if they could fix the movement, its just a little too slow for me. When you charge into a room I don't think you want to go crawling in there :eek: Hows the multiplayer?

no the game is not worth the money

non of the issues that were reported about the beta were fixed, NONE

multiplayer can be fun
until someone starts tking
then changing his name to copy another players name
or shooting the vip

unless they start fixing this game MP will die off pretty quick
and if the game does not sell
then they will never fix it

I had high hopes for this game
if any of you were into SWAT 3 then you would understand
that game was one of, if not the best tactical shooter ever
they took a lot of things that made SWAT 3 great and simply didn't include them in SWAT 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back