SWAT 4 = Perfect says VUG

Bender_Unit_22

[H]ard|Gawd
click here

game still has bugs, filled with cheaters (2d/3d radar, wallhack, no recoil, aimbot) and no anti-cheat now or in sight

and yet.....

As you know we perform vigorous Quality Assurance testing for all of our products. Based on traffic received to our customer support centers and the expertise of our QA staff we are confident that SWAT 4 does not require further patching. Enhancements to SWAT 4 are a different story and we’d ask that you stay tuned for upcoming announcements.

that shit just cracks me up

I enjoyed the demo, but the demo was so limited, it really didn't provide enough info to base a purchasing decision on.

Now I know -- no go on SWAT 4.

I enjoyed the single player career missions. Looks good too:) Nice change of pace form the usual shoot this and that FPS's

I have Swat 4.

It's good but NOT perfect.

You get penalized for "unauthorized" use of deadly force. Sometimes it gets rediculous.

For example, a bad guy has an AK-47, I yell "Drop the weapon" and he raises his hand but does not drop the weapon. I yell again "Drop the weapon", he refuses to drop the weapon. I yell again, this time, he takes off with his weapon and tries to run away. At this point, I shot him dead as I should do so in real life but with the game I get penalized for "improper" use of deadly force. What would you do in real life? In real life, the bad guy wouldn't even get a 3rd chance to drop the weapon.

LordBritish said:
I have Swat 4.

It's good but NOT perfect.

You get penalized for "unauthorized" use of deadly force. Sometimes it gets rediculous.

For example, a bad guy has an AK-47, I yell "Drop the weapon" and he raises his hand but does not drop the weapon. I yell again "Drop the weapon", he refuses to drop the weapon. I yell again, this time, he takes off with his weapon and tries to run away. At this point, I shot him dead as I should do so in real life but with the game I get penalized for "improper" use of deadly force. What would you do in real life? In real life, the bad guy wouldn't even get a 3rd chance to drop the weapon.

Maybe I shouldn't be on the SWAT team, but I would have shot him after he failed to comply with the first yelling :D . Even though I would have a gun like an M4, I would still want to get that guy incapacitated or unarmed ASAP.

besides the cheating, MP is pretty bug-free afaik. cheating affects every FPS game and it always will, so its not like some patch will magically make cheats not work. the MP in this game is perfect for LANs. good stuff

Haven't played in a while but I feel this is a very underrated game. I like it much more than Rainbow Six. Cheaters suck though I agree, I wish more people would play co-op and/or took it seriously.

Out of curiosity, how are the graphics and sound in this game? Does this game support 5.1 dolby digital? I'm debating whether to pick this game up or not, and the screenshots i've seen doesn't seem to show very good graphics.

junehhan said:
Out of curiosity, how are the graphics and sound in this game? Does this game support 5.1 dolby digital? I'm debating whether to pick this game up or not, and the screenshots i've seen doesn't seem to show very good graphics.

you can download the demo of it for free. :p

Great lan game, pumping your friends full of bean bags and arresting them is so much better than actually killing them :D

Back