Swapping DVD drives in a Mac Mini

pog0

n00b
Hey guys,

I have a Mac Mini with a super drive here at work. I have a 12" PB with a combo drive. I swapped out the combo drive for the super drive so I can burn DVDs on my PB G4. It works perfect on my PowerBook, but the combo drive does not work at all on my Mac Mini. It is plugged in, it gets power, it makes noise upon bootup, but it is not seen by the Apple System Profiler. Is there something that I need to do for it to see the drive?

is this an Intel mini? I'm just curious because maybe the older PB will see the newer hardware but the newer mini won't see the older hardware??? This is just a WAG so take it for what it's worth. As far as I know, guys have been swapping drive s on the minis since they were released, never heard of anyone having an issue except for when they use hardware that's not supported.

It is the last PowerPC model. I tried resetting PRAM and it is still there. I downloaded a firmware updated from Apple and I got a message saying I cant update the firmware on this model. I am assuming it should be supported since the CPUs are the same from both Macs.

Back