Swapped P8P67 Deluxe for B3 revision - Unable to boot Windows

darklight_tr

Limp Gawd
EDIT: I was able to resolve my issue by connecting another hard drive I had. This finally allowed to UEFI boot my DVD drive and after running a Startup Repair on my existing Windows installation the Windows Boot Manager (UEFI) appeared and I was able to boot Windows.

I just installed my B3 Revision P8P67 Deluxe and am now having a major issue.

With my B2 board there was a Windows Boot Manager (UEFI) displayed in my Boot options and that is what would be used to boot Windows.

After installing my B3 board this option isn't showing up in the BIOS and I cannot boot into Windows. When I try to boot directly off of the hard drive the screen just sits there at a blinking cursor.

I attempted to run a Startup Repair on my Windows 7 installation but that isn't possible since the RTM DVD can't repair a SP1 installation. I get a "This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with this version of Windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows." error. Thanks Microsoft. I also pulled the battery on the motherboard and set the BIOS settings back to the defaults with no luck.

I am pulling my hair out and am desperately trying to avoid a complete Windows reinstall. Why did that option disappear and how do I get it back?

Any help would be appreciated at this point.

Update: I noticed I am getting an E9 error on the Q-Code, which according to the manual means "S3 Resume PPI not found"

Last edited:
Ugh...try disabling S3?
And why would you need a UEFI manager option? Are you using a HDD > 2 TB?
Were you trying to use windows with an option that was made for a 3 TB+ HDD, with a smaller HD? Perhaps that option got hidden if HDD's larger than 2 TB were not detected?
I honestly dont know :(

On GB boards, you can control F1 in the BIOS to bring up a few hidden options (like PCI latency timer and spread spectrum). I don't know if any such hotkey exists for Asus.

Ugh...try disabling S3?
And why would you need a UEFI manager option? Are you using a HDD > 2 TB?
Were you trying to use windows with an option that was made for a 3 TB+ HDD, with a smaller HD? Perhaps that option got hidden if HDD's larger than 2 TB were not detected?
I honestly dont know :(

I only have the existing 300GB Velociraptor, so I'm not facing any large disk issues.

There isn't an option to disable S3 and I think the error code is a red herring anyways.

The Windows Boot Manager (UEFI) was something that magically appeared after starting the Windows installation when I first built this PC. There is no mention of it at all in the ASUS manual and I have obviously discovered that it is critical to allowing Windows to boot on these ASUS UEFI motherboards.

I am slowly coming to the crushing realization that I will probably have to reinstall Windows, which really irritates me. I should have been able to simply swap the board and everything should have been okay but this UEFI BIOS threw an unexpected curve ball into the mix.

Follow this guide to create a slipstreamed disc with SP1 and then use startup repair: http://www.technipages.com/the-complete-guide-to-slipstreaming-a-windows-7-sp1-disc.html

I tried that a little bit ago and got the same error. I created a System Repair CD using another PC with Windows 7 SP1 on it and got the error again. I beginning to suspect I'm getting the error because my Windows installation isn't being properly detected by the CD.

I have another HDD that I am going to hook up to the board and install Windows on to see if that kick starts things.

the bootmanager option is only avail one device at a time
if its selected somewhere else, you have to disable it there

Back