Swap lcd of LG Gram

xxtraloud

Limp Gawd
I know not a lot of people in this forum don't have this laptop (the LG forum is dead), but maybe people who tinker with lcds can help me?

This is the panel in question http://www.panelook.com/LP156WF8-SPA1_LG Display_15.6_LCM_parameter_27148.html

What I don't like about it, it's glossy, very glossy, and it has poor brightness, around 280 nits. I would like a matte screen with 400 nits.

It has an eDP connector which now seems fairly common. If I can find a panel with the same thickness and size, most 15.6" should be the same size, correct?, would it be possible to swap the panels? Is there some way to find compatible panels?

I would expect each panel to require power dependant on their qualities. Meaning a brighter screen may require more power. Then you run into the issue of can the board support the new power requirement. Outside of that, I would expect wiring it in is possible with the pin outs of the old connector and the new screen.

I would expect each panel to require power dependant on their qualities. Meaning a brighter screen may require more power. Then you run into the issue of can the board support the new power requirement. Outside of that, I would expect wiring it in is possible with the pin outs of the old connector and the new screen.

I think power consumption will not be a problem because the LG gram has a touch version which consumes more power. At least on that website I can't find any lcds that have brightness above 300 nits.

Back