Swan D1080MkII longer cable

Rinthe

Limp Gawd
So i was wondering if i can get a longer cable that connects the 2 speakers for the Swan D1080MKII? and if getting a longer cable would affect the sound quality in any way? Thanks!

I had the same question a few weeks ago.

You can get a longer cable male stereo mini x1 to mono rca male x2... 10,12,25,50 feet. Amazon and Ebay are the two easiest choices. A cheaper route could also be female>female rca adapters and then a long male rca x2 to male rcs x 2 which is much easier to find.

As for sound quality, I moved my own D1080MKII to my rears and a couple of folks commenting on the length (25 feet of rca cable) said there shouldn't be a problem under 100 feet with the signal.

I have no clue. You should call Hivi or theAudioInsider. It seems to be a male to male 4-pin mic cable, but I have never seen one sold.

My 2 M200MKII's are just connected via a single speaker cable, so it that is the case with the D1080MKII's, then just get a longer speaker cable.. its nothing special.

**EDIT**

Is this what your D1080MKII's look like in the rear?
9jzqxjqj8r8ys.jpg

It looks like the one passive monitor is connected to the powered one with a set (2) of speaker cables, not just one (1) like my M200MKII's. That's interesting, bi-wired?

Anyway, just get a set of longer speaker cables.

My 2 M200MKII's are just connected via a single speaker cable, so it that is the case with the D1080MKII's, then just get a longer speaker cable.. its nothing special.

**EDIT**

Is this what your D1080MKII's look like in the rear?
9jzqxjqj8r8ys.jpg

It looks like the one passive monitor is connected to the powered one with a set (2) of speaker cables, not just one (1) like my M200MKII's. That's interesting, bi-wired?

Anyway, just get a set of longer speaker cables.

No... MKII is different. It uses some sort of 4-pin cable to connect the two speakers. As I mentioned above.

This?

Img257160432.jpg

Looks like its probably proprietary. Unless the OP can post a pic of the inside of the cable or jack so we can tell what it is.

Might just have to take the already mentioned advice and call HiVi or theaudioinsider.com.

Doesn't look proprietary to me, just looks like a BNC connector. Google BNC connector and compare to the one you have. There are many places that have cables for that purpose or you could make your own with connectors and a little solder. Try monoprice, bluejeans cable, pxcconexion.

I don't think its standard BNC, Alai had mentioned it has 4 pins (conductors). Normal BNC is used with coaxial cable, which has a single conductor.

^ oops, missed that post. Okay then it is most likely a Speakon connector. If it isn't that it has to be proprietary. Try Vetco for those connectors.

i googled Speakon connector and they look different. i need a name for the cable so i can look for them online ;)

i googled Speakon connector and they look different. i need a name for the cable so i can look for them online ;)

Post detailed pictures of the cable connector aswell as the plug so we can help you.

Different companies are goin to make connectors that look slightly different. Neutrik plugs look different than furutech, even if plain old RCA. I simply do not know of any other plug that offers power and sound across four pins. Your options for power and sound are plain speaker wire, midi, xlr, tsr and speakon. I'll bet bottom dollar that is speakon. If not, it is proprietary. The name of any cable is based on its connector, rca cable, speakon cable. ;)

there is only 1 cable that connects the 2 speakers together, here are some images:

img3329o.jpg

img3330q.jpg

lol ops, i forgot to resize the pictures. my bad..

Well after Alai posted I realized I might have misunderstood what you meant by four pin. Different people have different usages for that so it is possible that it is a four pin mic connector. But a picture of the cable and back of the speakers would help.

and here back of my speaker, only one cable connects to the other speaker. i resized this time :)

img3331.jpg

4 pin mic cables aren't the easiest thing to find. Most are 3pin XLR. I would go with vetco and DIY. Try a google for 4pin mic cable and see what happens, good luck.

alright, thanks.

so i want to confirm that the length of the cable will not affect the sound quality as long as it's under 100ft?

Back