Swan 200MKii's with blown amp

rickl8327

n00b
I've got a pair of Swan 200MKii speakers with a blown amp. I've pretty much exhausted all venues that I can think of to get them fixed, so I'm left with them the way they are. I'm looking for recommendations for a decent Amp/DAC to possibly use them with a laptop or PC. I'm not a gamer, and I don't use headphones so no need to consider either of those. And a DAC may not even be the best option for this, I don't know. I'm a bit of a novice. I'm open to any and all options. Obviously, I don't want to spend much, I just want to get some use out of the speakers which have been sitting in a box for over a year.

Thanks.

Last edited:
have you had it apart? what is the part# of the actual amplifier device?

Sorry it took me a while, but I took it apart today.

20151212_133041_zpsuyc60grt.jpg

It's a TI amp, I ordered one from Digi-Key. I don't know if that's the only problem, but for about $10 I figured I'd give it a shot. And for now I bypassed the speakers' amp and bought a Topping TP22 amp. I have them hooked up now and they sound pretty good. I'm impressed. So if I can't get the speaker amp working again, I always have this. Not sure what to do with the controls on the front of the speaker though. Maybe I'll just duck tape them. :p

Thanks for the help.

That should be really easy to replace. Its easy when the legs of the chip go though the circuit board like that. As long as the amp burning up didn't damage anything else you should be fine.

usually swapping that module does the trick

pro tip, cut the part off and then desolder the pins individually

Back