SVS SB-1000 Subwoofer 12-inch Driver $368 @Amazon

Data-bass.com benchmarks subs. You can get some information there.

SVS is well regarded. The only complaint would be potentially more expensive than DIY, but a nice sale like this helps close the gap.

One of these days the stars will aline and I'll have a new SVS subwoofer. Been wanting one for years now and when we come into money it's always spent somewhere else and the thought of a new sub comes afterwards. :/

SB-1000 is a good sub for a small/medium room. I was running one of these with 50w RMS 5-inch powered monitors. Upgraded to the SB-2000 for a little more boom. Now running a SB-16 Ultra with 210w RMS powered monitors and picked up a pair of 400w RMS studio monitors to pair it with. A single SB-1000 would be a little weak for most rooms. Get two of them. :D

SB-1000 is a good sub for a small/medium room. I was running one of these with 50w RMS 5-inch powered monitors. Upgraded to the SB-2000 for a little more boom. Now running a SB-16 Ultra with 210w RMS powered monitors and picked up a pair of 400w RMS studio monitors to pair it with. A single SB-1000 would be a little weak for most rooms. Get two of them. :D

Those SB16's are phenomenal. Feels like my heart skipping when they hit.

Back