SVC.com Cooler Master Y720DCD-25T1-GP 120mm $4.99 + shipping + tax

sfsilicon

Limp Gawd
Cooler Master Y720DCD-25T1-GP 120mm
http://www.svc.com/y720dcd-25t1-gp.html

Found this on SVC.com while looking for a better 120mm fan for my LianLi PCA05B case. I was looking for a higher airflow and quiet fan. Hopefully this will get my case temps down.

Size 120 x 120 x 25 mm
Airflow 110 CFM
Noise 16.5~38 dBA
RPM 800~2500
Bearing Double Ball
Package Retail

This is the retail package and has a 2.5" and pci panel bracket with thermal sensor and Vr control. It also has blue LED. All that for $4.99. You might need to get a couple if your ordering it online, but if you can do a local pick-up this is pretty cheap.

You sure this is going to give you better airflow when it's actually quiet (low rpm setting)?

You sure this is going to give you better airflow when it's actually quiet (low rpm setting)?

;) I'm going for the 110 CFM. Noise be daxxed! The included regulator will help me find a good compromise. Wasn't expecting it when I purchased the fan. Got 4 pieces because it was so cheap. I'll start with the exhaust fan and I can also replace my intake and side fans if needed. I'm trying to avoid cutting a top blow hole.

Remember there is no set standard for testing so those are under certain conditions in their labs. I wouldn't be surprise if u only realize that you get half of that CFM

Argh, call me crazy, but I can't stand ordering from the internet, I never do it. I like to buy from a store and get instant gratification, no hassles, no worries, etc. I wish a store like Frys or Microcenter near me had this deal. ;)

They're very affordable. I bought these back when they were $11.99. I have seen these 110cfm fans go as low as $3.99 a couple of times. They look sexy and do push a lot of air, but they've got a couple flaws (not including the noise ^^).

I purchased 5 of them, and 2 of the fans' blue leds started to die out within about a month and a half, mind you I don't leave my computer on 24/7. I probably used my computer an average of about 20 to 30 hours a week. A couple months later, the other 2 fans' leds started going out as well. So far only one worked fine. Perhaps about 6 months after putting them to use, I just decided to remove them from my main rig, and place them in another computer, replacing them with yateloon 120x25mm and panaflo 120x38mm for my thermalright 120x.

Perhaps I got a bad batch? I really did like that the fans would push a lot of air. I don't believe in their advertised 110cfm, but it sure felt like it pushed a lot, and sounded pretty loud too ;) They looked really awesome when all the led's were fine. For $4.99, it's still definitely worth getting!

I wish my LEDs died out :( - They're friggn' obnoxious... I hate LED fans, but I liked the idea of a $5 ball-bearing fan with speed control.

So now I have 2 of them, and they spin up at extremely low voltage so that's a plus. They're definitely not nearly as powerful as my San Ace 120x38mm 101CFM fans, and somehow they still sound more annoying at full blast, but since I always run them at low-speed, they're virtually silent.

Decent fans... good speed control... annoying LEDs

Last edited:
Decent. svc.com is an old favorite. Although as others have mentioned CFM figures are often inaccurate

How did I miss that when I ordered from SVC monday??? BTW this place has super fast shipping, I ordered monday before 9pm eastern, paid 12$ for USPS priority, and it was on my doorstep yesterday afternoon!!! From CA to TN, no less!!

Last edited:
How did I miss that when I ordered from SVC monday??? BTW this place has super fast shipping, I ordered monday before 9pm eastern, paid 12$ for USPS priority, and it was on my doorstep yesterday afternoon!!! From CA to TN, no less!!

Yep. SVC's always been good to me. One time I called them over the phone to get some help, and they told me they were going out of business. That was like 2 years ago. I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them since then, so I guess that never happened. Lol. :rolleyes:

I've ordered from SVC several times over the years. They're a great company and ship quickly.

I might grab a few of these as well. ;)

im going to order some even tho i already have alot of extra fans, adjustable is good extra wires and gay looking knobs isnt as good but guess you can tuck them behind the mobo (ima do that i think i have a few zalman fan controllers already tucked behind mobos)

few things the cfm is prob a lie and svc.com has swapped some stuff in past like sent items that where close to what i wanted, (ie vf900 with no led instead of blue led)

Nice price and got to love SVC. Their speed and service rivals that of the Egg. Added bonus for local buyers is the in-warehouse pickup which is ready about an hour or so after your order has been confirmed. Got to love not having to pay for shipping!

I hope these aren't like the ones I bought from them years ago. The leds went out on all of them in less than a year :(

SVC has always had great customer service and products/prices but I have noticed a huge change in their business focus. I remember 10 years ago they used to carry every computer accessory from variety of watercooling parts to cold cathodes but they slowly became more geared towards being a distribution center, especially for Coolermaster. The whole first floor which was "SVC" turned into the distribution center office.

I went back recently after 3-4 years and now the whole first floor is lined with desk and comps for an ebay storefront. What we know as "SVC" is a small operation on the 2nd floor which was manned by one guy (who was still very helpful). The warehouse which was once full of fans, cold cathodes, cases, watercooling parts, etc is now filled with racks of priority boxes filed their ebay inventory. The change was probably needed but I missed the times where I could get an oversized Func mousepad, liquid wax, Swiftech res, DD waterblock, mcp600, tygon tubing, a hard to find in stock lian li case, remote start/fan control/fan temp 5.25 bay switch, logitech mx duo, all in one area at newegg prices and lower without waiting for delivery. (I actually made that order onc

Did anyone get theirs yet? If so, How are they performing?
Thank You

essasin, just be glad they havent gone to pot like frozencpu did long ago - slashing inventory while raising prices...

How are these compared to the Yate Loon D12SL-12? I am curious since these look like a contender for them as a quality cheap fan.

I got mine Friday and installed one of them Saturday morning. They're very nice fans and compared to the 80mm I replaced temps dropped 3C and I was finally able to turn the Delta 80MM I had in the back off.

Argh, call me crazy, but I can't stand ordering from the internet, I never do it. I like to buy from a store and get instant gratification, no hassles, no worries, etc. I wish a store like Frys or Microcenter near me had this deal. ;)

I love the couple days anticipation of awaiting my fine packages. It's like foreplay. I love stores too though :D

** There are also these non LED fans http://www.svc.com/r4-s2s-124k-gp.html

Last edited:
How do these compare the the high speed Yate Loons and other fans of the same type? LEDs dying does not concern me in the least. I have 3 old arse Adda AS1212MS-A73GL fans currently that say they do the following on my MCR320:

Fan Air Flow: 80.5 CFM
Fan Noise Level: 38 dBA

Should I upgrade?

Did anyone get theirs yet? If so, How are they performing?
Thank You

Got a bunch of them. They are loud (think server room fan) when you run them at full speed. If you stay below 1800 rpm they are fairly quiet (hardly notice them). The temp and speed control are nice to have. I actually like the blue led which goes with my black case.

Does anyone know if you can use the fan controller for more than one fan? I'd like to use up to 3 fans and was wondering if I need to run the controller in parallel or series.

I purchased one and I am happy with it, probably will purchase more.

However, I am confused on how to mount the fan controller to a PCI slot on the back of the computer case. How can I convert the 3.5" bay fan controller into a PCI slot controller?

I have one of these on my HS and at full speed you get a bit of motor humm, low freq. Most of what I hear is just the air trying to get through the HS fins. I can turn the regulator to click in the off position and it still spins the fan, so not sure what that setting actually is. At anywhere below half speed on the regulator it is quieter than the top fan on my 900 at low speed.

I purchased one and I am happy with it, probably will purchase more.

However, I am confused on how to mount the fan controller to a PCI slot on the back of the computer case. How can I convert the 3.5" bay fan controller into a PCI slot controller?

You pull the switch and cables off from the 3.5" bay by applying some pressure to the snap mount on the rear of the 3.5" plate. To remove the trim knob you need to pull off the knob, then use a wrench or some pliers to loosen the nut holding it to the plate. Then just reverse assemble on the PCI slot plate.

I bought a Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm to compare with the CM's. At 800rpm the GT is louder. At full speed the CM generates more airflow than the CM but the GT is much quieter. The airflow of the GT and CM are about the same at roughly 1750rpm (my subjective and non scientific impression), but the CM is a tad louder. The resistance of the regulator know at that setting is 4.7kOhm. I'm planning to get a bunch of resistors and use them to lock in that rpm speed. Despite the lower CFM the GT works a lot better on the load of a Cogage True Spirit heatsink. My temp is a bit higher, but it remains at a stable level where I can run my case fans at slower speeds. I think you can compare the CMs to the Scythe Slipstream. High CFM, but only good for case fans. Use a Scythe GT for heatsink fans. I do miss the cool blue glow that the heatsink had when using the CM.

The price at SVC.com for the fans went up to $9 so this isn't that great a deal anymore.

Update: Bought a 5 pack of 4.7kOhm resistors 1/8W. Works great for a nice quite operation with more airflow at 1750rpm.

Last edited:
Back