Suse 9.3 download prob

Mauli

Gawd
Hey guys,

I am frustrated...:confused:

I dunno what is wrong with my connection, this computer or the world, but i have once downloaded the full 4 gigs of the dvd version. Cheksum was wrong, so i couldnbt install it.. Noticed that one a little to late. So i tried again, and since then, when i click on the ftp download link of the dvd, i always only download a 183mb big iso file... has anyone else seen this before? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone give me a perfect link possibly?

greetz

no not really, because i am on a shared i net connection and that would mean that my fathers internet becomes quite slow as well... I was hoping for an ftp way of solving this

all in total i must have tried something like 12 mirrors, us europe and someplace else

The counter in whatever download program you're using is a 32-bit int, so it overflows at around 4 billion bytes. So you're getting 4 billion+ bytes less than the actual size.

Try "wget --ignore-length -c" or curl, which I understand works okay with 4gb+ files. Or just run the torrent overnight.

im not using a download manager, i am using the one in firefox.. how would i add those flags (windows)

unhappy_mage said:
The counter in whatever download program you're using is a 32-bit int, so it overflows at around 4 billion bytes. So you're getting 4 billion+ bytes less than the actual size.

Try "wget --ignore-length -c" or curl, which I understand works okay with 4gb+ files. Or just run the torrent overnight.

Damn...I've never heard of that before. :( Then again I always looked for a BitTorrent seed when downloading 1GB+ files... :eek: But thanks for the info.

Mauli said:
Hey guys,

I am frustrated...:confused:

I dunno what is wrong with my connection, this computer or the world, but i have once downloaded the full 4 gigs of the dvd version. Cheksum was wrong, so i couldnbt install it.. Noticed that one a little to late. So i tried again, and since then, when i click on the ftp download link of the dvd, i always only download a 183mb big iso file... has anyone else seen this before? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone give me a perfect link possibly?

greetz

That almost sounds like Suse's "live install" boot CD. Basically it just boots the system with network drivers so that you can begin the install and it will download the files it needs off the internet. I hate that install method and it's slow as Hell.

$5 says if you burned that 183MB iso to a CD you could boot from it and that's what it is.

Back