suse 10 oss dvd?

Jason711

Supreme [H]ardness
any place that offers a dvd iso? i really dont wanna mess with 5 cd's.. i think they do that on purpose.

I've had a difficult time understanding the difference between the Evaluation version (which comes on DVD) and the OSS version (CD only).
The only thing I see is as mentioned on the OpenSuse website. -
The Evaluation edition of SUSE Linux contains some proprietary components such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, RealNetworks RealPlayer, Sun Java Runtime Environment and Macromedia Flash Player. The Evaluation edition does not time out in any way.

With that, would the Eval version serve your needs? if so try this list of mirrors and grab a .torrent or find a fast mirror.

(might add that I use the DVD Eval version, as using 5CDs does suck, and I have not had any issues.)

why the heck do they call it an eval? :confused:

but yeah.. looks like that will work fine, thanks. :)

Jason711 said:
why the heck do they call it an eval? :confused:

I really have no idea, unless you can buy into support with that version or something. Just a swinging wild ass guess though.

here is how to get your suse or opensuse system running with all the goodies that aren't available on a default install.

i d/l'd that eval last night and it wouldnt install... i guess the image is corrupt.. :mad:

thanks for the link man, that will help. :)

shit.. the md5 checked out. im d/ling it again just incase.. .my burner better not be fucking up.

got it installed... burned it at a lower speed... guess that was it? *shrug*

i went to that link and installed the a few of the things.... everything is great except for the lack of creative support...

Back