cageymaru

Fully [H]
Controversial survival game SCUM has surpassed the 1 million sales milestone in less than a month of its Steam release. Players who purchase the game before September 25, 2018 will receive a golden DEagle .50 as a reward and Support Pack owners will also receive a watch in-game. It is also slated to receive the NVIDIA RTX treatment when DLSS is added to the game in a future patch. The game can be purchased here.

Hello prisoners, we are happy to announce that with your support SCUM has surpassed 1 million copies sold. As a thank you, everyone will get a golden DEagle .50! All Supporter Pack owners will also get a Nice Watch - that's the name of the watch in-game, we are comedy geniuses. Right now, it merely checks the time of day, but in future updates, it will have some more useful features.

Yay, you get to take a crap in the woods game sells 1M copies.

What a bunch of crap.

One of my friends who is a streamer was playing a prerelease version last night. The game looked pretty good visually but had unexpected framerate drops and the loot mechanic was very tedious from a gameplay perspective. The eat, drink, and pee requirements of your character also felt like they interrupted gameplay rather than enhanced it. The session I watched had pretty good combat and gunplay but availability of ammunition was a constant problem.

If you enjoy survival games, even for early access, I found the depth to be quite engaging. Regular patching enhances the game practically every week. The "prison wallet" feature is hysterical and your own portable slot machine. Private servers seem to be the way to go given the rampant hackers going on(what else is new in the online gaming world). I find it entertaining so far. I can see why it isn't everyones cup of tea.

Do you guys actually use your rigs for gaming or just stare at the LED lights through the window in your giant case? If you have not heard of SCUM then you are not much of a gamer so why comment? Also there is nothing "controversial" about the game for fvck's sake. Sells 1 million copies and ten people freaked out over actual prison tattoos so how is that a controversy?

Do you guys actually use your rigs for gaming or just stare at the LED lights through the window in your giant case? If you have not heard of SCUM then you are not much of a gamer so why comment? Also there is nothing "controversial" about the game for fvck's sake. Sells 1 million copies and ten people freaked out over actual prison tattoos so how is that a controversy?

6ff040d6892c93169e70f1f4362817a0--teacher-memes-teacher-stuff.jpg

DLSS added to the game in a future patch? You mean Nvidia will add this game to the supported games in a future driver? DLSS is handled by having precached pre-AA assets released with drivers/GeForce experience, not something that comes from the game other than the devs providing the necessary resources to Nvidia.

I've watched some streamers play it. It looks fun. It reminds me of DayZ big time. Almost a spiritual successor to DayZ. If you have a regular group of friends it appears to be a blast. Just like in DayZ playing it solo would get a bit boring IMHO.

Watched some streamers as well playing it, looks interesting, but some major polish is needed in the performance department. Some of it seems very clunky and alpha level, it also can be very slow with little to no action for a long time, and when something does happen it tends to be fast with someone dying in seconds. I am not much for survival games, so not something I would probably play myself, however those who are into that type of gaming seem to really like it.

I've played it for a bit. The lack of loot and the search mechanic need a serious overhaul. I dread looking for shit in this game. Other than that it's pretty stiff.

Meh, graphically it's pretty, but following it for a while like I have the game hasn't lived up to the hype.

If you haven't heard of this or haven't played it I don't think you're missing out on much honestly.

So dark. Why do we want to live our own dystopian future? I guess it is good skills for the inevitable future.

Back