Survey: Nearly a Quarter of Windows PC Owners Plan to Switch to Apple

I have three Macs on my desk. I plan on replacing every single one of them with a Windows or Linux box ASAP.

As it is they are all running an OS other than OS X.

to those swapping to mac, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out lol think i will keep my windows, and all the programs it lets me run that you wont be able too

The only thing... literally the only thing that OSX does well that I am jealous of is multi monitor scaling with monitors of different resolutions....
I want that.

Don't offer to help with my existing issues with Windows please, they are unfixable and it's not like I'm changing anyhow.

The only thing... literally the only thing that OSX does well that I am jealous of is multi monitor scaling with monitors of different resolutions....
I want that.

Windows 10 is fairly decent at this now. Some older desktop apps can still be finicky but all of major stuff I use these days doesn't have a problem with mixed DPI scaling.

Pointless survey is pointless. People "plan" to do all sorts of things until presented with realities like cost and practicality.

This whole thread is full of gold, this is why I come here.

I myself have said "I would switch to osx" but that usually is followed with "if they could lower their prices or open the OS to all hardware" (without having to hackintosh it).

"Buying a Mac doesn't work..."

Attachments

• pixlr.jpg
    pixlr.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I suspect most are work users that don't have PC's at home and like the "look" of MacBooks and are going yea I would switch to that. Not knowing the incompatibility issues that they will face in software and hardware if they do.
I'm not saying the work can't be done, just you need to be one of us to do it. Emulating windows machine or a VM or connecting to a VM to run something windows specific. Regular business users will be like .. what? I also think that IOS comment is likely also true.
I wonder how many didn't realize that mac's don't run windows?

Note I own a Mac Pro upgraded with a W3690 Xeon and 32GB of DDR3 1333 with 512GB SSD and a 5TB D drive with a Nvidia 960 4GB. (I use a far more powerful system for PC gaming, but I do know my MacOS.)

I have three Macs on my desk. I plan on replacing every single one of them with a Windows or Linux box ASAP.

As it is they are all running an OS other than OS X.
I suppose it all depends on your needs if your old macs running linux or windows or something exotic like Remix OS and they do what you need then hey.
But switching over is also dandy. Build whatever your heart desires.

I guarantee this study has some sort of major flaw in it. Or, this is similar to the data they would have gathered 5 years ago, but the people never followed through because of cost and compatibility, along with the ones who did switch realizing that MacOS, while it used to be superior to Windows in many ways (XP days), is complete junk these days. Sierra update literally just added spyware, with more bugs for the useful stuff people needed, and of course costs to upgrade all your 3rd party software for the hell of it.

People THINK they want a Mac until reality hits... either before the purchase, or shortly after - I buy, setup, maintain, and repair both PCs and Macs all day, I see it over and over and over.

iOS, on the other hand, is still a great OS - but it's way less great than it was a few years ago around v7 to v8 - it's not nearly as reliable anymore, and Timmy Cook seems to be directly going against Jobs' main rules and wishes for design decisions (no bigger than one handed use, no bloat, reliability over useless features, etc). Literally every one of them has been broken, with bad results following... because he actually cared about making a perfect product (or as close as possible, of course his results are arguable overall but WAY better than Cook's), and all Cook cares about is his and the company's false image and virtue signaling all his "charitable" work while he hoards millions for himself and billions for the company - just sitting there, unused, wasted, not contributing to the economy or society.

Last edited:
Ya, this seems pretty bogus. 20% of people upgrading to Mac within 6 months.........

Not just that. What caught my eyes was this claim;
A look at different income brackets also reveals that those who earn over $150K are most likely to switch.

Where do you go to conduct a survey like this, and see a bunch of people that make over $150K annually? (I really have to be careful spelling that word :ROFLMAO:)

Or is it more accurate to say "Of the three people from our survey group, who's income is greater than $150K, two said they want to switch"

My wife and I together make this kind of money. I'd just buy what I want and keep what I have as well, cause for fuck's sake, I can have it all and don't need to switch or choose.

BTW Kelter, I'm not disputing or disagreeing with you. I'm just quoting your post to highlight my own.

Back