Survey Everyone Is Binge-Watching Netflix

HardOCP News

[H] News
A recent survey found that more people are cutting back on cable and binge-watching Netflix instead.

The results (PDF) are exactly what you suspect they are. Overall, traditional TV viewership is slowly declining and online streaming — and binge watching in particular — are on the rise. “The videoquake is here,” PWC concludes, particularly (and predictably) among younger adults.

100 years from now:
matrix4.jpg

You know this is exactly where everyone is going to end up. :D

I used to own a 360 and my friend on there was always watching Netflixs kinda felt bad for him I suppose he needed to keep his women entertained.

With 100 channels of Honey Boo Boo and shopping, why would anyone choose Netflix over cable? :eek:

cut the cord 3 years ago, at the rates I was paying for any decent satellite package it was costing me $1050 a year! ($87/month) Im happy knowing I have saved over 3k so far lol. Sick thing is I payed just about $90/month to basically get the 5 channel's I really wanted and only got 6-8 hours a week to watch. Now between Netflix for movies and random shows and places like eztv I never miss satellite, used some of my saved money to refurb an old lga775 computer into a media server/steam big picture mode game center. Streams all my shows over network to my ps3 and lets me play tons of games with a wireless xbox 360 controller on my living room tv.

If Netflix adds TONS of advertising and awful content, they too can be like the cable company. ;)

Been about 10 years without cable. I don't get a good signal on my side of the house with Manhattan on the opposite side and buildings all around for my OTA to work on my PC, so I barely even watch anything at all anymore. Just some Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune because my young daughter enjoys those shows...

Just makes me with I had bought neflix stock when it was $3.28 in Oct 2002! lol

Haven't had cable since I left for collage in 2007, and I the only thing I'd want to watch is the Olympics, maybe. Soooo happy without cable.

Now if we could all just have Google Fiber...

100 years from now:
matrix4.jpg

You know this is exactly where everyone is going to end up. :D

Having a doofy flat affect and thinking "I know kung fu!" because we've played it in a game?

Hell, there's people like that TODAY!

Honestly the model for cable/sat companies is long overdue to change. They currently make you buy a package of channels for XX$ a month. We are now in the digital age where your one click away from watching your favorite shows anytime you wish.

The industry is quickly moving towards pay per watch, or pay per channel.

Who is this Survey Everyone and why are they binge watching Netflix?

I cannot stand cable and their fucking brain rotting commercials. I feel like commercials are made to literally screw with your head. Got Netflix and a NAS filled with my favorite Blu-Ray rips. Love it!

It's absurd, people watching what they want to watch?, when they want to watch it?

It would be anarchy :p

Actually I could put up with comercials if they were still like they were back in the 70's and 80's, but the new day is horrible, nothing but Pharma commercials pushing drugs. It's so depressing, FM 3370 is correct, the commercial selling anti-depressants is depressing people.

Title is misleading. They didn't survey everyone, least I didn't get surveyed. Don't get what is so great about the network hogging netflix.

I made sure to buy my first home earlier this year in a neighborhood that had fiber internet, with the purpose of NEVER getting the cord to begin with. I stream and Blu-Ray all my content. The savings these first 9 months over a cable package paid for the 50" Sony I stream everything on! Screw you TWC :D

Can't tell if serious...

Oh no I am being dead serious. I used it last 3 years ago. It is nice but fucking hell it uses a shit ton bandwith and there is no good way to limit the speed of other users on the network for such a service, I have looked high and low and talked to customer service..

I am going to binge watch three episodes of "The Following" on Netflix in honor of this thread.

Forgot to say, limiting only because they currently use up all the damn bandwith and are rude.

Oh no I am being dead serious. I used it last 3 years ago. It is nice but fucking hell it uses a shit ton bandwith and there is no good way to limit the speed of other users on the network for such a service, I have looked high and low and talked to customer service..

.... wow

you can limit bandwidth in your router settings.......

Title is misleading. They didn't survey everyone, least I didn't get surveyed. Don't get what is so great about the network hogging netflix.

Well, I am sure it doesn't measure up against the library of a dedicated pirate, but for those who are willing to pay it's not bad. Although I admit I haven't tried many of the competitors.

That just means your internet could be better. Netflix barely blips my 1,000mb/s connection and the image quality is nearly on par with blu-ray.

Why is anyone worried about commercials? Does HBO have commercials?

Its not close to blu-ray... not even close.

For all intents and purposes it is. Average viewer using 60" LCD from 15 feet away the level of quality is excellent considering this is an on-demand service, I rarely if ever detect any artifacting and am completely satisfied with Netflix's stream quality.

I cannot stand cable and their fucking brain rotting commercials. I feel like commercials are made to literally screw with your head. Got Netflix and a NAS filled with my favorite Blu-Ray rips. Love it!

This right here! I wont ever go back to cable!

Back