Surround Gaming on 20/3020 Monitor Setup?

TeCKis300

n00b
I'm ready to upgrade my LCD and video card setup and I'm considering a 20/30/20 setup for surround gaming. I'm interested in this for driving games (Dirt) where the bezel configuration would be more natural than a 24x3 (24/24/24) setup for example.

dell-3007wfp-04.jpg

I've always thought this would be straightforward. But I'm finding out there are many limitations between nvidia and amd video cards in terms of having a working surround gaming setup. Monitors need to be the same resolution, etc.

I'm was hoping I could just get a GTX680 or 7970 and call it a day. Alas, it doesn't seem that straightforward. Does anyone have any expertise in this area on what would work - if even possible at all? I can definitely do a SLI configuration if needed. Advice appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm going to subscribe to this thread because I have a 32" TV I use as my main PC disply and am curious about the same thing - placing smaller monitors on left and right.

Eyefinity currently doesn't support PLP - all the monitors have to be portrait or landscape.

Bummer. Is that the case with Nvidia's implementation in the 6xx series as well?

I'll be satisfied to have the setup for general purpose use...but it would be so sweet if it was supported for gaming as well.

Back