Surface RT 32GB - $169 + Free Shipping (eBay)

good build quality. a little underpowered.

I with it had a good camera on it and I would buy it just to use with "Coach's Eye"
which is a great app for iOS, Windows 8 and Android

You can get a touch cover for $30 if you are willing to take red.

It is definitely worth it. :D I purchased 2, one for me and one for my daughter last November. I have been happy with it for the price and she has had no issues with hers. (I did have an issue with mine but the local Microsoft store took care of me without a problem.) Also, the same seller has the 64GB one for $199.

Nice devices but these first gen Surface RTs are just a bit too slow.

At the original $500 price, I would have agreed. However, at $169, they are just right in my opinion. (I use mine for work and they are very effective with a usb to Ethernet adapter when needed.)

At the original $500 price, I would have agreed. However, at $169, they are just right in my opinion. (I use mine for work and they are very effective with a usb to Ethernet adapter when needed.)

True, it's a much easier sale at $169. Still when I compare using my old Clover Trail tablet compared to the 8" Bay Trails I have, the performance difference is very noticeable. Clover Trail and Tegra 3 both were just a bit too underpowered to make for a consistently good experience for Windows 8 and RT. Another failing of 8 out of the gate that was hardware related. Bay Trail ad Tegra 4 are just SO much better than their elder siblings.

Back