Surface Pro 8 worth it as a Tablet only? Is it ready as just a tablet ?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Planning on mainly consuming content on it but want a computer/tablet surface because it is more customizable with browser and addons.
Unless it is a bad idea to use Firefox on it ?

Even the lowest end one ?
yeah, basically. they start "dumbing" down in the Go format. that (4core) should dance circles around most tablets.
1646174269273.png

im sure someone will bring up ipads, but thats not what were talking about....

A lightly used Pro X might be a better option. I use a Pro X exclusively for work travel and Windows on Arm has come a long way. I see them for dirt cheap on the used market all the time.

I believe Firefox has an arm compiled version.

I am using Firefox on my Surface Pro 8 right now. With Firefox sync it pairs well with mobile/desktop and lets you share bookmarks and tabs seamlessly. Windows 11 was designed for having a usable tablet mode without needing to mode switch and it is great to have a real computer in this form factor.

I do highly recommend getting the surface signature keyboard though. It is a good keyboard for its size although it is quite expensive. When I want to use it exclusively as a tablet I just flip the keyboard in reverse and it does a good job padding your arm since the Surface is all metal.

The largest deficiency of the Surface Pro 8 is that it has no USB-A port which means you need to buy a USB-C dongle or hub for flash drives or peripherals (if they are not Bluetooth).

Back