Surface Pro 3 / 4

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
What kind of REAL battery life could be expected from an i5 Surface Pro 3 / 4. I see anything from 5hrs to 9hrs.

Any issues that I should be aware of? I'm thinking about trying to get my hands on one to use instead of a Chromebook and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

I have the i5 8gb/250 sp4. I've run it for over 5 hours before but haven't even really tested the battery to dead in one setting.

Really it is hard to judge battery life as it will really change depending on what you are doing. If you are in word or excel it is going to go a lot better than if you have a bunch of web pages with scripts running on them.

Sure, I know it's usage dependent. I have a chromebook which does web surfing and chat for 9hrs. Love it. But when I do want to do more, I can't obviously.

As you point out, the processing load has everything to do with battery life. What kind of load are looking at running and how much battery life are you expecting. 5 to 6 hours for general work use and up to 9 hours for light use sounds about right for a SP 3/4.

Back