supreme commander demo today/tuesaday

Anyone know if it's possible to rotate view of the battlefield? The arrow keys move the view field left, right, up, and down, but I'm guessing there's also some way to rotate the view?

Anyone know if it's possible to rotate view of the battlefield? The arrow keys move the view field left, right, up, and down, but I'm guessing there's also some way to rotate the view?
Hold down the space bar and move the mouse around. I know there's a way to set alternate view angles as well, but I don't know what the command for that is off the top of my head.

Is there a way to lower building time of units? Because building a battleship is ETA 18 min

18 min is nothing. A nuke silo is 80+min. Use Support commanders as they build in half the time, but use more energy when building. I had about 13 of them and I built a silo in like 10 min( actually time unknown but it was fast).

18 min is nothing. A nuke silo is 80+min. Use Support commanders as they build in half the time, but use more energy when building. I had about 13 of them and I built a silo in like 10 min( actually time unknown but it was fast).
Resource use per tick is basically (total resource)/(base build rate for builder).
SCUs build faster than T3 engies, so they use more resources. Upgrade your commander for build (2 upgrades give him faster speed AND T2/T3/T4 capability) and it is the fastest builder in the game, twice an SCU, IIRC. The SCUs also have a build speed enhancer for even faster building.

And yeah, nuke silos take hour or more base and mavors take, well, several hours (unassisted).

So the demo is great fun, I can't wait to play on larger maps. I'll be getting this the day it comes, I've even warned the wife about it.

Now I'm just waiting as long as I can to replace one of my monitors with a larger one and a new video card.

I'm starting to get some slowdowns on the lappy, with about 100 units total. I'm totally maxed out at 1920x1200, highest details.

I'm wondering what would be more effective - lowering res, or dropping ing game settings?

Resource use per tick is basically (total resource)/(base build rate for builder).
SCUs build faster than T3 engies, so they use more resources. Upgrade your commander for build (2 upgrades give him faster speed AND T2/T3/T4 capability) and it is the fastest builder in the game, twice an SCU, IIRC. The SCUs also have a build speed enhancer for even faster building.

And yeah, nuke silos take hour or more base and mavors take, well, several hours (unassisted).

Thanks for the tip.

I'm starting to get some slowdowns on the lappy, with about 100 units total. I'm totally maxed out at 1920x1200, highest details.

I'm wondering what would be more effective - lowering res, or dropping ing game settings?

Low resolution. Graphics will still remain decent and performance should increase. You may have to combine the two if performance still isnt good.

Lower the res and put the details on medium, more then likely your laptop bottleneck is the video card. Which is needs to be less strained.

How do I defend against tier 3 arty. I havent had it used against me but im thinking of trying hard difficulty and want to know how to defend my base from being destroyed if the AI uses it.
'
stealth gens....unless they have a T3 radar....then just craploads of shields

Does T3 radar cover the entire map for stealth detection?
cose to almost the whole map(stealth detection goes with that), i think it cover 20x20 fully, so on the larger maps you might have to make some extra radars....not to mention those T3 radars take a crapload of energy

cose to almost the whole map(stealth detection goes with that), i think it cover 20x20 fully, so on the larger maps you might have to make some extra radars....not to mention those T3 radars take a crapload of energy
OK, finns revenge is a 5x5 map. omnis have stealth detection to 3.9km, and normal radar to 11.xkm (and sonar to the full radius).
An omni on each isthmus is pretty much 100% coverage of the map with stealth detection. Covering a 15x15 or more with stealth is going to be difficult and/or expensive.

stealth generators dont work if its a building that has been scouted though.
true. Long as you have seen the building it will show forever.
radar shows a black icon once the building drops off as a contact IIRC.

imageshack. It sucks but it works.
I host stuff on my domain but dont have any way to access it at the moment.

Lower the res and put the details on medium, more then likely your laptop bottleneck is the video card. Which is needs to be less strained.

I plan on dragging the lappy out to the HDTV tonight and seeing if the drop from 1920x1200 to 1366x768 does anything for it. (assuming supcom can handle that specific res, we'll see)

I dropped to 1600x1200 and dropped everything to low and got 30 fps last night. I think it may be time for the beast to be built.

I plan on dragging the lappy out to the HDTV tonight and seeing if the drop from 1920x1200 to 1366x768 does anything for it. (assuming supcom can handle that specific res, we'll see)

I dropped to 1600x1200 and dropped everything to low and got 30 fps last night. I think it may be time for the beast to be built.
As far as I know, SupCom just reads the resolutions available from the graphics drivers. If that is indeed the case, you'll just need to add that specific resolution via your graphics control panel and SupCom should have it as a selectable resolution.

My laptop I game on has a default res of 1280x800, so I dont have many problems with games and not running fast enough. Playing SupCom on a HD-TV or a 19inch LCD is the way to go.

Is there some kind of civilization map/tree out there? Or does anyone know the differences between the 3 civs?

Back