SuperMicro X7SPA-HF-D525 8GB RAM FYI

That's nice, but not terribly useful. The Atom is too slow to make much use of lots of RAm - you can't run many VMs or apps. Maybe as a cache - ZFS comes to mind, as that board is perfect for a DIY home server.

That is great news, I'm upgrading my FreeNAS setup to 8GB. I use a Supermicro X7SPA-HF-D525-O Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz mobo.

i use that board as a pfsense router with 4gb dimm would 8gb be worth it?

I will test this as well, just building one like this for using as pfsense as well ... Or maybe something similar, haven't made up my mind yet.

Anyway, I have some memory laying around, maybe it works with this as well ... Thanks for the tip.

The upgrade to 8GB of RAM dramatically increased the overall NAS performance and data transfer speeds.
Not sure at what point the SSD Cache helps but I definitely see an improvement. I used 2 x Corsair CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB blades.

Hi there,

I just tried using the following blades: 2 x Corsair CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB
but my X7SPA-HF-D525 does not want to accept them. I am running the latest bios version. any hints or suggestions? I will not start with just one blade as well..

Hi amrogers,

thank you very much for your reply.
The "problem" is I want to use the board with 8GB of ram. Since I read here and on other places it is supposed to work with 8GB i can not get my mind of that. i first tried these blades CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 and after that the ones mentioned by yqed CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9
both with no luck. my next option is to try the RAM mentioned by you in the first post. did this one work out as mentioned? F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ

cheers

Back