Supermicro AOC-SAT2-MV8 + Seagate 1.5tb?

darren700

Limp Gawd
I was looking at getting this 8 port supermicro to run in my server in its PCI-X slot in server 2008 x64 R2..http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=14461L96566&vpn=AOC-SAT2-MV8&manufacture=SUPERMICRO however according to supermicro's site they are not supported by the seagate 7200rpm 1.5tb barracuda drives (which is all ill be plugging into it).. i was wondering are any of you using this card with these drives? are there any problems with it?

on top of that is anyone using this card for server 2008 r2 x64? the only drivers i can find are here ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/SATA/Adaptec_Marvell_H2/Windows/8_Ports/ and are for sever 2003

thanks for any help

How do you get temp readings from drives that are connected to sat2-mv8 ??

mv8 works great with 1.5s, all four types in marked have been used on them ... no problems so far
on linux hddtemp does the trick, i think it grabs info from smart

Temp readings work for me too and I have 2 of those cards.

thanks alot, will be ordering one, does anyone know where to get server 2008 drivers?

Call them.

I emailed them and this is the response i got:

"Hi darren,

We have still not received any windows 2008 certified drivers as this controller is very old and we have stopped testing it with newer operating systems.
Thanks,

Avinash Patro

Super Micro Computer Inc."

:mad::(

Temp readings work for me too and I have 2 of those cards.

Hmm, I still cant figure out why I cant get my 2 MV8 to show temps? It shows disk usage, but no temp read outs. IS there anything I should consider looking? I have temp read outs from MB sata ports tho...

I too was having the same issues until I noticed in Device Manager that WHS was actually using a driver from Adaptec to drive the card. I used to have many 2 and 4 port cards in the system, so WHS must have felt an Adaptec driver would be fine on the SuperMicro Card. It was only then when I updated the driver to SuperMicro that Temp and Disc Activity started to show up.

Missing%20Temps.JPG

Last edited:
Hi there - could you pls upload it once again. I'm struggling to find these drivers for a while now and would really apreciate your kind help. Many thanks in advance!

I see temps now!

I always thought it was my motherboard.. These drivers are Marvell specific, which I think are on the CD.

Thanks guy!

Hey i just bought this card also and am having trouble viewing drive temps as well.

Can you please re-post the driver?

Thanks!

Any other driver for SASLP-MV8 that would enable the smart info? The ones from supermicros ftp dont, but as remebre some tried with different boards (same driver) and on one had work while on other didnt.

I tried the driver that was posted and windows keeps saying that its incompatible with my hardware?

Currently it is using an adaptec driver from SuperMicro's FTP site.

My MB is a supermicro h8dae

Any other driver for SASLP-MV8 that would enable the smart info? The ones from supermicros ftp dont, but as remebre some tried with different boards (same driver) and on one had work while on other didnt.

Did you ever get temp readings to work? I am having hte same issue and own 2 of these cards.

Back