Superlux Headphones any good?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I watched Logan on youtube Tek Syndicate talk about how awesome and cheap they are.
Plus a few people recommend them on overclock.net.

They anything special or just hype?

Apparently they have a super wide sound stage and sound very good for the price.

I have the HD668B for about 4 years now, I run them off the onboard sound. They sound really good for the price.

Yes, they are incredibly good for the price. I own the HD668B and, imho, they sound better than the Sennheiser HD555, although my every day driver is something entirely different (and expensive).

IMO, in the sub $30 Id take Superlux over anything else and, if you have a bit more money, you can't beat some Takstar models.

Yup, chinese brands are making awesome sounding stuff. Ugly, and not very well made, but very good sounding for the price.

I would agree on the superlux being pretty good. My AD-ATH700's broke and before I tried to fix them I ordered the Samson HD850's,(which are just the 661's with the velvet earpads) as a temporary replacement. The sound stage is not as large as everyone says, at least compared to my 700's, (some JB Weld and some rewiring and back in action), but the mids are better and the bass is stronger but that's not saying much compared to the 700's.

In a direct comparison, going back in forth in games primarily Planedside2, it would only take a minute or two for my ears/brain to make the adjustment. I sent them back because they are not as comfortable and for my uses I admitted I would rather spend the money on a set of ATH-AD500x's just because I really like the way the ATH line fits once I bend them a bit.

Bottom line, they compared very well to my 700's and if I did not have something else sitting right beside them I could probably get used to them very quickly. I would buy the Superlux before the samson though and get the velvet cups separate just to save a few dollars if I was to do it again.

Really great value though.

I bought a pair of 681B's for my dad because I couldn't stand seeing him with crappy headphones all the time. They were like 20-25 euro's or something. Coupled with my old soundcard I gave him they sound really great for the price. Little dark, but dark in a nice way.

Back