Super Street Fighter 4

My "guess" is that reading the link may tell you.

SSF4 has 10 more characters and is more balance. SSF4: AE adds 4 more characters on top of that. Event mode where you can pretty much watch expert players. Better stat and match making I believe.

AWESOME!!! But but but, what about PC gaming being dead?!?! Ha.

Now I need to get one of those Intel/Via USB cards so I can use my Marvell vs Capcom fighting stick with this. Using a pad sucks for fighting games.

Holy FUCK! REally?!
YEAH!!! Go CAPCOM!

I thought they quit making PC ports, this is awesome!
I still play SF4 on my PC, not so much now that i have it on my 3DS, but hey, whatever. I'm buying again!

Pretty cool. I'll have to re-download the MotionInJoy PS3 pad driver for this one.
Should be nice to play in 1080p/60FPS.

Nice.
It was also mentioned earlier today that Street Fighter X Tekken will be make it to PC as well

Holy FUCK! REally?!
YEAH!!! Go CAPCOM!

I thought they quit making PC ports, this is awesome!
I still play SF4 on my PC, not so much now that i have it on my 3DS, but hey, whatever. I'm buying again!

They got pissy because SF4 got pirated to hell and back.

I also wouldn't call it a port. SF4 was developed for an arcade machine that runs XP. They originally weren't going to release SSF4 in the arcades and then went ahead and did it anyways under AE on the same XP platform. So this was more of a tactical decision.

They probably wanted it to do well in the arcades and grab some sales. Since for a fair amount of people there would be a "why buy it on console if you can pirate on the PC" bit of logic going on.

Glad they are doing it, I'll buy it because it's street fighter. But the competition and skill level is a bit better, given that's what tournaments here are run on.

Ahh very good.

Now those Tekken clowns need to get with the program.

This is great news, especially after having played SF4 PC for 700 hours. Now I only need the new Mortal Kombat on the PC.

Ahh very good.

Now those Tekken clowns need to get with the program.

Not the same situation. SF4 was developed for a machine that runs a p4 or core2, intel chipset, and 7900gs over embeded windows XP. So it can't be that big of a deal for Capcom to make it for the PC, even if piracy is crazy it wouldn't take much effort. The machine that Namco developed Tekken for is just a PS3, so it might not be worth their effort.

SSF4 has 10 more characters and is more balance. SSF4: AE adds 4 more characters on top of that. Event mode where you can pretty much watch expert players. Better stat and match making I believe.

More balanced hahah no its not. Ono specifically made certain characters better than others.

They probably wanted it to do well in the arcades and grab some sales. Since for a fair amount of people there would be a "why buy it on console if you can pirate on the PC" bit of logic going on.

You mean why buy it when they aren't releasing it on the pc and it's so easy to burn it for the xbox right? That argument always pisses me off -- piracy on the xbox is as easy as paying the dude on craigslist $30 and burning a dvd. No cracks, viruses, etc. It just works.

I feel burned having bought SF4 right before SSF4 came out, so please don't take that as a personal attack. I was just venting.

This thread is full of win. SSF4 AE and Street Fighter X Tekken both coming to PC is awesome.

A PC release of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City was announced at the conference as well :cool:.

Thanks Capcom. Your nickel-and-diming for disc-locked DLC doesn't sting as much when you release stuff on the PC.

Oh hell yes. Was planning on getting it for PS3 now its PC for sure.

I'd have to ask why, buying this game on PC vs console is just silly. PS3 is the tournament standard, and by far the best players are on the various consoles.

I can understand buying it for both, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with a weaker community.

I wonder if MvC 3 will eventually come as well.

If you see an arcade release you'll know it's probably coming.

A PC release of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City was announced at the conference as well :cool:.

Thanks Capcom. Your nickel-and-diming for disc-locked DLC doesn't sting as much when you release stuff on the PC.

I'll stick up for their nickle and diming, remember when we had to buy a whole new game at full price each time they tweaked things ;)

I'm looking at you street fighter 2, champion ship edition, hyper fighter, and you Alpha 2, Alpha 2 gold, and you 3 damn different versions of Alpha 3 ;)

AWESOME!!! But but but, what about PC gaming being dead?!?! Ha.

Now I need to get one of those Intel/Via USB cards so I can use my Marvell vs Capcom fighting stick with this. Using a pad sucks for fighting games.

If you have a nvidia based board and it seems you do you better check compatibility. Last I checked the SSIV TE sticks do not work. It's a known issue for quite sometime.

EDIT:

Just skimmed over the post again, it seems you're aware of the issue

Last edited:
Awesome, now all we need is Mortal Kombat on the PC and that's all the fighting games we need.

I'd have to ask why, buying this game on PC vs console is just silly. PS3 is the tournament standard, and by far the best players are on the various consoles.

I can understand buying it for both, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with a weaker community.

Built a new rig and need games to play. I probably will buy it for both to be honest. I own SF4 on PC, Xbox360, and PS3. SSF4 on PS3 and Xbox360.

Awesome, now all we need is Mortal Kombat on the PC and that's all the fighting games we need.

I'd want all of blaze-blue while we are at it and SSF2THDR

But still, having owned them (SF4) for all 3 non arcade platforms, and having owned SF4 on the arcade platform, PC is simply not the best place for them. The players don't really stack up "online" which isn't saying much since online is a joke, but they are a good deal worse than what was already bad, and that is saying a lot.

Combined with the fact that if you ever get good competition well... it's going to be offline on a console or on the arcade.

Trying to get a quality SF4 match on the PC is like trying to argue Shakespear with an ape, there is nothing on the other side, and if by chance it happens it can be passed off with the odds that out of however many one might just get lucky.

Though I'm a bit of a purist for these games, but if you're looking for quality match, well street fighter is to PC what Quake 3 was to dreamcast, you can play it online, but don't kid yourself about the skill level on the other platforms compared to yours (and yes I did buy Quake 3 for Dreamcast even though I had it on PC because I support id software).

That all said I'm glad Capcom continues to make "not complete crap" ports for the PC, I love their games in general and they've had a spot in my heart since the NES, let alone the 90's and arcades. They re-hash, re-sell, re-name, but at the end of the day they still crank out quality products, which can't be said of other devs.

Built a new rig and need games to play. I probably will buy it for both to be honest. I own SF4 on PC, Xbox360, and PS3. SSF4 on PS3 and Xbox360.

haha, good man, throw a taito-x2 into the mix and I'm almost there, sold off SF4 when AE came out and I don't have the spare cash for SSF4 AE on hand.

I love sf4 <3. Glad its finally coming to PC, though I have it for both ps3 and xbox...
It's the only game I play as of now... so now more players to play! AND AA + Native RES! Awesome. Just sad about cammy in AE though.

I'll stick up for their nickle and diming, remember when we had to buy a whole new game at full price each time they tweaked things ;)

I'm looking at you street fighter 2, champion ship edition, hyper fighter, and you Alpha 2, Alpha 2 gold, and you 3 damn different versions of Alpha 3 ;)

Charging additional fees to unlock content already on the disc isn't much better...and DLC didn't stop Street Fighter 4 from being re-released with balance changes and new characters, or re-releasing Resident Evil 4 half a dozen times.

Now that you mention it, I just realized there is no MvC 3 release for the arcade. I thought the it was the same engine as SF4 though? Or is that not the case? Or maybe some other reason that there is no arcade release?

Sweet, I was waiting for this game to be released on PC. Hope they also release Capcom vs Marvel 3 on PC as well.

Now that you mention it, I just realized there is no MvC 3 release for the arcade. I thought the it was the same engine as SF4 though? Or is that not the case? Or maybe some other reason that there is no arcade release?

IIRC MVC3 is MT Framework, SSF4 is not, I might be wrong. But the Street fighter 4 series was natively released for a WinXP, Pentium 4, 1-2gb DDR2, and 7900gs platform with embeded XP, I'm probably off on the RAM though, should be less.

So any "street fighter" game, is actually built from the ground for XP. This is not the case for MVC3, where they pretty much said "arcades are dead in America and the Japanese don't play Marvel, so oh fucking well no arcade release" and walked away.

This is why Capcom can just yank SF4 over to the PC, and Namco, who makes Tekken off the PS3 arcade hardware, simply would have to spend a lot of cash.

Charging additional fees to unlock content already on the disc isn't much better...and DLC didn't stop Street Fighter 4 from being re-released with balance changes and new characters, or re-releasing Resident Evil 4 half a dozen times.

I say it's better than paying 3x 60-80 bucks for it each time. I paid in 2010 60 for SF4 and 40 for SSF4 and now probably 20 for DLC. Grand total 120, compared to 3x80 bucks grand total 240 or 3x60 bucks grand total 180 back in the day, and that's without inflation, it is cheaper.

I think MT might be PC as well, it's been back and forth, but even so it's still not "developed on PC for embedded XP" SF4 is.

Fucking awesome!! Street Fighter is the only game that I am prepared to purchase both on PC and Console!

Thank god, I was really worried that the last SF4 PC release wasn't profitable for them and that we would never see something like that again.

There is a blazblue game recently released on PC.

As for SSF2THDR, emu's are your friend.

I'm not really down emulation, it is piracy. For another, the best players are not on the PC. PC emulation, and the PC period, is only really good for finding people playing older games that aren't on a console via GGPO, but online doesn't really work well no matter what for fighters anyways.

When Third Strike online hits xbox live and PSN, it should kill off the need to use a PC for fighters completely.

Thank god, I was really worried that the last SF4 PC release wasn't profitable for them and that we would never see something like that again.

They got faced raped by piracy something bad. The good thing is that since a lot of what capcom does is developed on a PC, or in the case of SF4 is actually winxp native, porting doesn't cost them much. So as long as they can make a few extra bucks, little sense not to do it.

Back