Super Smash Wii U

Well, I'd like to know the average experience. Street fighter online was terrible. I want to know if the online here is as laggy as that.

online has been smooth for me almost the entire time. only had a few occasional laggy games.

I've found Street Fighter (assuming you're talking about SF4) to be a pretty good experience on the consoles, although Ultra screwed things up a bit.
So far Smash is fine online. It's akin to Mario Kart, which has also been fine.
At the same time, the first thing I bought for my WiiU was a $15 ethernet adapter so that probably doesn't hurt.

Smash 4 online is not a good experience. It's nothing like playing local and there's definitely a huge buffer on it to make it appear smooth. Those who play fighting games seriously will be probably be frustrating by the delayed inputs and buffer. For casuals, it's ok.

Where do you buy official lan adapter. Dont see it in Nintendo eshop

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
WARNING to all Smash players :

Currently the game has a nasty bug which could be possibly causing a design flaw with the Wii U to show its ugly head. It's uncertain how many are affected by it but here is a video showing what happens :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiLm7cvkDrY

Here is a Reddit thread on the matter being updated frequently :

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2o1quv/wii_u_error_research_thread/

IF you run into this bug , above all , DO NOT REFORMAT. If you do this it will BRICK your Wii U requiring an RMA. If you run into this bug your only option for now is to stop playing Smash until its fixed. You can still do anything else your Wii U did before but Smash will not be working for the time being.

Also it seems that one way to trigger it (among those with the problem) is to go Online > For Glory in MP. So avoid that category for now until Nintendo can look into it further.

Nintendo has already acknowledged the bug and is investigating it. Also this is not the first game with this bug but it seems to be happening more frequently (by a large factor) with Smash.

Is there a lot of single-player replayability? I'm thinking about getting this for my kids and I, but their profiles aren't allowed online, so I just want to make sure there is enough single-player / local multiplayer fun for them.

Thanks!

Is there a lot of single-player replayability? I'm thinking about getting this for my kids and I, but their profiles aren't allowed online, so I just want to make sure there is enough single-player / local multiplayer fun for them.

Thanks!

Tons. It is however geared towards competitive play. But Smash is properly the best deal for $60 bucks in terms of content , Nintendo never short changes you on Smash games.

Thanks!

8 player local MP...

I just got a 300 battle achievement and I've played one game online.

What do you guys play solo? Just smash mode versus cpu? To get unlocks?

If you're unlocking characters - yes, that'll do it. You can unlock all of the normal playable characters just by playing against the CPU and beating the new characters when they challenge you after the matches.

Play Smash, either with someone or just by yourself, it will get to the unlocks, there are 9 characters to unlock. I have only done two so far, but that's because only my son and I play together.

Megaman and No-suit Samus are the only two characters I am using atm.

My son is becoming a PITA (hes 6 1/2 mind you) with Sonic and Link. He has figured out their move base already and we started working on the dodge/parry/block system and hes already dodging 1/2 my attacks with no problems in mid fight.

if you plan on playing solo , get an Amiibo. From what i heard they are something of a challenge to play against.

That was debunked quite quickly after being posted.
There is a another wave coming, at least for the gc adapters.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947506

Except it seems the Ambiio figures (the rarer ones) are in fact limited runs. I also didn't believe Nintendo wouldn't make more GC controller adapters as that's just easy money.

I'm also more inclined to believe the company line from a source rather than some dudes email response from some random rep. I say buy them anyway as they are likely to be rare or impossible to get at the very least for a long time.

I really wanted King Dedede but I can't even find one in stock.

King Dedede doesn't seem to be available yet. Bowser and Captain Falcon aren't either. Wario and Ganondorf don't even exist. Those are the ones I wanted. I ended up settling for Pikachu just because I liked the look of it, but none of my favorite characters have Amiibos yet.

I got regular Samus and Pikachu now. Waiting on Megaman, than I will get Zero-Suit Samus later.

I am terrible at this game. Any pointers to learning the ropes?

I lose to the damn AI. LOL!

I am terrible at this game. Any pointers to learning the ropes?

I lose to the damn AI. LOL!

Get used to move sets first, dont just run into a game and start mashing all the buttons to figure it out. Go into practice and learn a character, what every directional+attack button does. learn how to use the shield, dodge and parry system. Get those down and than start fighting an AI.

My 2 currently opened, couldn't find my Pikachu, think my son stole it.
20141214_104856_HDR_zps5d5aff9b.jpg

The two still in packages and probably wont be UNpackaged
20141214_104924_HDR_zpscbe2c676.jpg

Played the one on the gamecube, awesome game. The wii version was great too. I miss it, I'm pretty good with the game using Marth character.

FrEaKy, curious, why wouldn't you open/use them? Nintendo hasn't revealed which ones will be limited editions, so are you just banking on Mac and Wii Fit Trainer being limited editions?

FrEaKy, curious, why wouldn't you open/use them? Nintendo hasn't revealed which ones will be limited editions, so are you just banking on Mac and Wii Fit Trainer being limited editions?

Pretty common knowledge on several forum ie GAF and others that the trainer and marth were definitely lower quantity. I bought 2 of each of all and preordered the other waves the same way to open one and one for display.

Example
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...13.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmarth&_nkw=marth&_sacat=0

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Pretty common knowledge on several forum ie GAF and others that the trainer and marth were definitely lower quantity. I bought 2 of each of all and preordered the other waves the same way to open one and one for display.

Example
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...13.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmarth&_nkw=marth&_sacat=0

They will be worth even more to collectors then because a Gamestop manager just leaked they Marth , Little Mac and Villager are all absolutely discounted period. And that a second wave is coming this week but most of it is already sold out.

Nintendo is acting all weird about it all. However Best Buy and Gamestop have exclusive characters (BB has Meta Knight and GS has Shulk) and both are sold out for now.

I think Nintendo is handling this situation very poorly and of course retailers are using this to drum up demand and draw eye balls to whatever.

I'm just going to hold off on any more Amiibo's for now. I'll wait to see if Nintendo gives a non-confusing statement on the matter otherwise really these are just minor toys.

Unless Nintendo has some big update planned for SSMWIIU its kinda pointless to buy them for Amiibo fighters which was a big selling point. I know you get costumes and shit in other games that support it but I refuse to pay $80 for Amiibo's because Nintendo says that shelf space is "limited". Fucking bullshit. Amazon has unlimited shelf space and both GS/BB would make shelf space that would be required to sell these toys.

Nintendo doesn't realize that shelf space makes no sense for online sales. Its an old fashioned way to BS through a supply/demand issue.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

The Fit Trainer has already been revealed as a limited edition, and Little Mack, call it a hunch, but I'm thinkin he will ALSO be limited.

I already pre-ordered Sonic and Megaman for the same reasons.

I'm just going to hold off on any more Amiibo's for now. I'll wait to see if Nintendo gives a non-confusing statement on the matter otherwise really these are just minor toys

Functionally they are memory card with a statue attached to them. They can be used in any of the same ways that DLC or memory cards have been used. There are lots of ways they could be used (well and poorly), but their primary selling point is a collectible way to purchase DLC.

There really isn't much in the way of instructions for Amiibos. In fact, they don't come with any at all and their features aren't exactly front and center in Smash either.
Exactly what all can they do and what games can they be used for?

Did a pre-order for a few more directly from Best Buy

Sheik, Meta Knight and Ike

i also have on preorder Sonic ,Toon link and megaman.

love the amiibos. Great collectables.

Last edited:
Back