Super Smash Wii U

Phlorge

Limp Gawd
Anybody playing Super Smash this weekend? I played these growing up and am super pumped for the new one. Mine is out for delivery today too! a day early :)

Will be picking mine up after work tomorrow ;)

Definitely. I just did the pre-buy via the Nintendo store. Hopefully it isn't too much of a pain to play with the Wii U pads as I gave my Wavebirds away. I'm holding out for a Wario Amiibo.

Definitely. I just did the pre-buy via the Nintendo store. Hopefully it isn't too much of a pain to play with the Wii U pads as I gave my Wavebirds away. I'm holding out for a Wario Amiibo.

One does not simply give away wavebirds!
fa71197656140ac8eb690248fc56bb3c.jpg

My nephew has a gamecube sitting in his closet, got 2 wavebirds and 1 original controller. I told him I wanted it, he just handed me what he had a few days ago.

Good nephew!

I've got the GC controller bundle paid off, can't wait to play it.

I picked up 3 wavebirds in real good shape a few months back when I was working on my GC collection. Between the GC remotes and Wii stuff, I should have enough for 8 players.

I've got the GC controller bundle paid off, can't wait to play it.

I picked up 3 wavebirds in real good shape a few months back when I was working on my GC collection. Between the GC remotes and Wii stuff, I should have enough for 8 players.

don't forget you can use the 3ds as a controller too!

While neat if you don't have enough controllers, there's no way I'd ever want to use the 3DS if I didn't have to. That controller is the main reason I never bought the portable version.

Picking my copy up at Gamestop with GC controller kit, in 3 hours! :)

BTW: If you want the bundle Amazon now has it in stock. None of the area Gamestops or Toys R Us had any this morning.

Ok, I keep hearing about this game. Someone please explain what the big deal is. I've been watching videos, but it just looks like people jumping around hitting each other. What's the whole point of the game? Also, would this be good to get for my 6 year old and I to play?

Ok, I keep hearing about this game. Someone please explain what the big deal is. I've been watching videos, but it just looks like people jumping around hitting each other. What's the whole point of the game? Also, would this be good to get for my 6 year old and I to play?

I'm not sure about it being a good game for just you and your son, but when I was around his age, Super Smash Bros was the game to have. About 15 years later and the series is still something to have around for some fun with friends.

Free amiibo with purchase got me at Toys R Us.com
It wont be here till monday or tuesday tho... :(

Ordered mine a few days ago when amazon still said release date guaranteed delivery. They missed it :(. May as well go to the store then bitch amazon out.

I picked up the bundle with a Link amiibo and an extra controller. I can't wait to play it after getting home from work. I'm hoping the re-released gamecube controllers are high quality. Does anyone here have any insight as to their quality?

Besides the gamecube controller what is the next best controller to use? How bad is it on the regular wii u controller (gamepad?)

I picked up the Gamecube controller bundle at Best Buy last night with an extra Amiibo for $90. Didn't get a chance to play it yet tho.

Megaman is my favorite atm.... just sayen...

Besides the gamecube controller what is the next best controller to use? How bad is it on the regular wii u controller (gamepad?)

I'm using the Wii U Pro wireless and it's just fine. Did that instead of dealing with finding a bundle. At least I can use the Pro with many other games too.

I've been playing online and I seem to win every game. I'm not all that good. Are the better gamers not playing this?

I've been playing online and I seem to win every game. I'm not all that good. Are the better gamers not playing this?

The GOOD gamers are going through the entire SP side, before they jump into MP..... You will see them SOOOOOON enough.

I just played for four hours with five friends and had a blast. The re-released gamecube controllers hold up well.

I am so glad they re-released game cube controllers for this game. Honestly, I believe the game cube controller may have been the most comfortable controller I have ever user.

I am so glad they re-released game cube controllers for this game. Honestly, I believe the game cube controller may have been the most comfortable controller I have ever user.

I still have my old, ugly orange GC controller from back in the day.
Used it a TON for two games: RE4 and Smash.

I think it's still good, but good to know that a backup controller is going to be in good supply.

Ironically enough, the reason I bought the ugly orange in the first place is b/c of a Black Friday promo lmao.

So this game was my tipping point for buying a wii u. Shit is a blast, and just as fun as I remember it. Picked up mario kart 8 as well and the bundle came with 3d world. Was funny behind me in line, there were a bunch of tween dude bro's buying xbone's and CoD. I heard them clowning on the wii u. Jokes on them though, this shit is fun.

So this game was my tipping point for buying a wii u. Shit is a blast, and just as fun as I remember it. Picked up mario kart 8 as well and the bundle came with 3d world. Was funny behind me in line, there were a bunch of tween dude bro's buying xbone's and CoD. I heard them clowning on the wii u. Jokes on them though, this shit is fun.

You said it correctly, bunch of tween dude bro's.

Their parents will be upset and mad when they finish playing Call of dudebroduty in a few days and they had to dish out $400 on console and game.

Wii-U is truly a great console that was just not marketed correctly.

Welcome to the Wii-U party! :)

Side note; be sure to pre-order Mario Party 10!!!!! :)

15 years later, me and my cousins still having the best time ever playing Smash. We played from midnight to 4am then the next day from 12-8, we played all weekend.

You said it correctly, bunch of tween dude bro's.

Their parents will be upset and mad when they finish playing Call of dudebroduty in a few days and they had to dish out $400 on console and game.

Wii-U is truly a great console that was just not marketed correctly.

Welcome to the Wii-U party! :)

Side note; be sure to pre-order Mario Party 10!!!!! :)

I'm telling you man, PC + Wii-U is where it's at! People are just missing out if they clown on it. Now, Whats all this mario party 10 stuff about!?

I'm doing fine with the Wiipad, although the pro controller is a little easier with the top triggers. I bought a Pikachu Amiibo, but really wish there were Wario or Dedede versions.

So far, it's all I could have asked for. It's essentially the gameplay of Super Smash, with the characters from Brawl and better graphics. While I probably suck (I've never been good at Smash), Dedede, Bowser, and Ganondorf have been my faves.

I played non stop over the weekend with a friend and my gf.

Stuck with a bunch of Wii motes and nunchucks that my gf (bless her heart...) bought with her credit card points... I find that they're serviceable with the only real downside being the lack of a smash stick. I can map the D-Pad left/right to directional smash, but I can't hold it down to charge the smash. Anyone know of a way around that?

Looking to get some pro controllers soon.

Back