Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Lord Nassirbannipal

[H]ard|Gawd
Is it just me, or does Snake seem a little out of place in this game? It's like putting Jiggly Puff in Tekken 6.

I'd like to see more characters in it, but wouldn't it be more fitting to include characters like Sonic, Ratchet, Sly Cooper, Jak, Daxter, Tak, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Mega Man. I understand this isn't all possible because of licensing issues, but Snake????

i dunno... jiggly puff mightve kicked ass in tekken... put them to sleep, and smother them... :p

seriously though, i think it might be cool, or it might just end up looking stupid, like the way they introduced him IMO :p

snake wont look more out of place than adult link does, so i think its a moot point.

btw, sifnt like snakes intro

Adult Link, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Samus.... Snake will fit in fine.

Snake was added solely to sell Wii's so MGS fans can play SSB now ;)

When you think about MGS series, there's a lot of "silly" stuff that you see in the games, especially in the very first one (Psycho Mantis's Scene pops up as he reads your memory card, and Calling people on the codec while using the box, for example). As with what has been said before, The other adult characters mesh well, so i figure the degree of his acceptance will be based on his moveset and abilities.

More Earthbound characters would be nice though. Jeff would be pretty awesome with his gadgets, and maybe Poo as well.

I think snake will be fine in it, I would like to see Rayman, megaman and sonic though, although they probably won't be in.

I think Snake will fit in just fine.

BTW, If a few Sonic characters aren't in SSB:Brawl, I expect them to be in it's successor. It's only a matter of time before we finally get to play out the Sonic vs. Mario dream match.

zero002021 said:

BTW, If a few Sonic characters aren't in SSB:Brawl, I expect them to be in it's successor. It's only a matter of time before we finally get to play out the Sonic vs. Mario dream match.

QFT

I'd love to see Sonic vs Mario, no doubt! Though Super Sonic would pwn Mario so hard. :eek:

Lord Nassirbannipal said:
I would love to seee a Ratchet vs. Fox Mcloud death match.

Ratchet doesnt deserve a spot in smash bros. This is a game for classic characters (ok some of them arent, but they are nintendo characters) not some wannabe half assed poorly designed mascot.

i want to see frogger added

and maybe a FF character, could be named "that final fantasy character" and just have it as their normal cardboard cut out character: male, with a rough and mysterious past, with great powers, and big swords

Sonic and Megaman are absolutely perfect for this game.

Sonic would obviously be the fastest character in the game, with a slight downside that he'd be harder to control for noobs (much like Fox/Falco, but faster). He already has the movies...down-B would be the spin dash, up-B would be an extra mid-air jump with the white flash sheild from Sonic 3. Also, Knuckles would make a great counterpart...same moves, but slower and stronger.

And with Samus out of her suit, the game is in need of someone with a charge-shot...DUH, Megaman! It could work out even better with Zero added as well, because Megaman / Old Samus could be counterparts, while Zero-Suit Samus / Zero could be counterparts (Sword, woooo!). It'd be perfect!

Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong. :D

CHAoS_NiNJA said:
Sonic and Megaman are absolutely perfect for this game.

Sonic would obviously be the fastest character in the game, with a slight downside that he'd be harder to control for noobs (much like Fox/Falco, but faster). He already has the movies...down-B would be the spin dash, up-B would be an extra mid-air jump with the white flash sheild from Sonic 3. Also, Knuckles would make a great counterpart...same moves, but slower and stronger.

And with Samus out of her suit, the game is in need of someone with a charge-shot...DUH, Megaman! It could work out even better with Zero added as well, because Megaman / Old Samus could be counterparts, while Zero-Suit Samus / Zero could be counterparts (Sword, woooo!). It'd be perfect!

Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong. :D

It sounds good, I will be glad to know the final lineup when it's out though.

Doward said:
QFT

I'd love to see Sonic vs Mario, no doubt! Though Super Sonic would pwn Mario so hard. :eek:
What about Super Sonic vs Mega Mario from New Super Mario Bros.? :D

CHAoS_NiNJA said:

I'm pretty sure the old Samus is still there, just that they added another version of her (much like Mario and Dr. Mario I think).

They need to add Wario and Waluigi. And if they did, I apologize for my ignorance to the game and my being too lazy to check if they did.

Erasmus354 said:
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=197

a funny comic if you dont think that Snake will fit in...even if you do think he will fit in.

Why is Raiden blonde and looks like a chick? (I haven't played any SSB games in a while, so I am not sure, is that supposed to be Raiden from Mortal Kombat, or is there another Raiden in the gaming universe?)

Sephiroth would be a cool addition I think.

NulloModo said:
Why is Raiden blonde and looks like a chick? (I haven't played any SSB games in a while, so I am not sure, is that supposed to be Raiden from Mortal Kombat, or is there another Raiden in the gaming universe?)

Sephiroth would be a cool addition I think.
It's Raiden from Metal Gear 2. He is blonde and looks like a chick.

Playing as Raiden nude = Worst. Gaming. Moment. Ever. :eek:

B. W. said:
It's Raiden from Metal Gear 2. He is blonde and looks like a chick.

Playing as Raiden nude = Worst. Gaming. Moment. Ever. :eek:

Ah, I never played MGS2, well, I think I tried, but I disliked it as much as the original MGS (the controls just never felt right to me, I hear they are awesome games though).

I would doubt any Nintendo game would have nude codes, and I certainly hope you don't mean playing in the nude.... (doubt that would get you invited to many lan parties ;) ).

NulloModo said:
I would doubt any Nintendo game would have nude codes, and I certainly hope you don't mean playing in the nude.... (doubt that would get you invited to many lan parties ;) ).
3602704mk3.jpg

There was a section in MG2 where Raiden had his close taken away, and you had to play through until you meet Snake.

B. W. said:
There was a section in MG2 where Raiden had his close taken away, and you had to play through until you meet Snake.

Wow, that is certainly not what one would expect in the middle of a stealth/adventure/shooter game.

mozes said:
LOL, we should also have Kid Icarus shooting arrows :p

Kid Icarus is in Brawl. His real name is Pit. His bow splits into 2 short swords for double slashing goodness.

I heard they were considering 2 additional characters for Brawl that were 3rd party. It's nice, but I'm pushing for more obscure additions to the roster.

B. W. said:
3602704mk3.jpg

Nooo~~ Bringing back bad memories!

Doward said:
I'd like to see Kain from FF2 in SSB. :)
QFT, Kain is pimp. Imagine leaping on everyone when they can't attack you :). Cecil wouldn't be that bad either.

mrbay said:
QFT, Kain is pimp. Imagine leaping on everyone when they can't attack you :). Cecil wouldn't be that bad either.

Dark Knight Cecil... none of this pansy Paladin BS. :D

Kain Highwind ftw.

zero002021 said:

I would love to see Night be like a Boss or something. I mean it would be a bitch to knock someone who flys off the board.

Personaly I would like to see mega man, rayman, sonic and team, maybe the car of fighters megamix, etc.

The best char for brawl will be Wolf from Starwolf, from the Starfox games, he would be so badass, with a wide potential for asskicking... bring on the assault weaponary and claws of a deadly beast, bahahahhahaha.

Back