Super Smash Bros. 3DS

///AMG

2[H]4U
So I just bought it having not played since Gamecube and Melee. Anyone else here buy it?

Should be getting it next week. Very excited, I watched some videos of the Japanese version and it looks awesome.

I'm still considering it. Might end up waiting for Christmas.

I haven't played since the N64 original! Which I did love. But I don't have many equal-minded people around me most of the time so I'm usually sticking with single player. Which kinda removes the main draw of games like Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

Still considering it. I want it, but I have limited money right now, so it'd be pretty irresponsible to buy it haha. Also if I do get it, I will need to find something to put on the 3ds joystick to keep my thumb from slipping around. :\

Still considering it

I know im getting the Wii-U version on release, just wasn't sure if I needed 2.

I don't have a Wii U (yet), plus the idea of a portable Smash Bros. is just awesome. The demo was amazing too, so I have no doubts about this being good.

I picked it up through the eShop and downloaded it at 11PM Thursday night. Had like 17 bucks in my account, so I said fuck it.

So far, it's Smash, but portable. My only wish is that the circle pad were more responsive - This will fill my Smash needs until the WiiU version comes out.

I picked it up through the eShop and downloaded it at 11PM Thursday night. Had like 17 bucks in my account, so I said fuck it.

So far, it's Smash, but portable. My only wish is that the circle pad were more responsive - This will fill my Smash needs until the WiiU version comes out.

Yea I've been having a hard time doing combos because it feels kind of unresponsive. Id like the c stick on the new 3DS for this game but it wont come out for a while :(.

How is the online? I was playing SF4 on the PC and the dude I was playing against was going apeshit about how unplayable it was. Was he just crazy or is it rough?

How is the online? I was playing SF4 on the PC and the dude I was playing against was going apeshit about how unplayable it was. Was he just crazy or is it rough?

Its rough. I have 50/10 connection and about 50% of the time it will lag so bad it becomes absolutely unplayable. 25% of the time there will be small lag spikes and 25% of the time its perfect. I still like it though, just wish I could play it on the new 3DS LL.

Its rough. I have 50/10 connection and about 50% of the time it will lag so bad it becomes absolutely unplayable. 25% of the time there will be small lag spikes and 25% of the time its perfect. I still like it though, just wish I could play it on the new 3DS LL.

Your connection speed is irrelevant with the 3ds. Its WiFi chip is slow.

It actually works well for me I run a old wrt54g with ddwrt just for my older Nintendo stuff.

Using basic 2.4ghz with WEP and it never acts up they don't like wpa/wpa2.

I'm wired gigabit and 5 GHz wireless everything else but keep that old Linksys just for legacy Nintendo stuff.

It actually works well for me I run a old wrt54g with ddwrt just for my older Nintendo stuff.

Using basic 2.4ghz with WEP and it never acts up they don't like wpa/wpa2.

I'm wired gigabit and 5 GHz wireless everything else but keep that old Linksys just for legacy Nintendo stuff.

Yea well I was stating its not my connection. Also I dont really play nintedo stuff online and I would never have a second router up just for nintedo based systems with purposely less security so it would run better.

Yea well I was stating its not my connection. Also I dont really play nintedo stuff online and I would never have a second router up just for nintedo based systems with purposely less security so it would run better.

Pretty sure my turning that router on for the occasional Nintendo device is no big security risk. And 4 ip addresses allowed only on there own subnet for limited time is pretty safe.

You could also try wpa\tkip specifically and chose a channel no auto 1,6 or 11 and see if that helps.

Do you reserve your ip's in the router any QOS specific settings?

Just offering some suggestions.

I guess the New 3DS will have improved Wi-Fi so maybe that will make a difference. Either way I am excited to play this offline as well as online.

I think I'm just going to hold out for the WiiU. The demo on my tiny launch 3DS screen just isn't cutting it. Hopefully I'm not too far behind the curve and end up getting slaughtered.

i've played about 15 hours online and 10 in single player, the online gets really laggy on For Glory during the night, but For Fun is usually very fast, i haven't noticed any lag on For Fun.

very awesome game though, i could see the new 3ds with the C stick and extra shoulder buttons being a good thing in smash. too bad Japan will have it this year and the rest of the world won't have it til 2015...

I just got this yesterday...very cool, I have to get used to the controls but no biggie. I played some For Fun online and it seemed fast and worked well. Minimal slowdown but nothing major/game-breaking. Haven't tried For Glory. Smash Run is interesting, too bad it doesn't have online MP.

Pretty much every single online match ive played has had lag. I've had a few here and there that dont but its like 90% of the time and i cant stand it. 50MB/s down 10 MB/s up

So I love this game. Like FUCKING love it. But the hand cramps are awful. The 3DS is the worst console/controller for fighting games imaginable. Its made for 5 year old girl hands (no offense ladies) and not 34 year old ham hocks.

Unless Nintendo releases some kind of comfort attachment I'm going to just await SSB for the Wii U this November. Pretty sad though as SSB 3DS is incredible and very well made. But the lack of Circle Pad Pro support (it seems to use 5 percent of the CPU for processing and Smash uses 100 percent of the 3DS at all times) it pretty much breaks my capability to play it.

So I love this game. Like FUCKING love it. But the hand cramps are awful. The 3DS is the worst console/controller for fighting games imaginable. Its made for 5 year old girl hands (no offense ladies) and not 34 year old ham hocks.

Unless Nintendo releases some kind of comfort attachment I'm going to just await SSB for the Wii U this November. Pretty sad though as SSB 3DS is incredible and very well made. But the lack of Circle Pad Pro support (it seems to use 5 percent of the CPU for processing and Smash uses 100 percent of the 3DS at all times) it pretty much breaks my capability to play it.

How's your circle pad holding up? I've been reading reports of busted circle pads due to SSB matches.

As for comfort, I haven't tried this peripheral myself, but the reviews seem decent for this grip attachment.
http://www.amazon.com/dreamGEAR-Nin.../ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/179-9633311-8402425
http://www.amazon.com/dreamGEAR-Nin...d=1413115836&sr=1-1&keywords=3ds+comfort+grip

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just got this yesterday and have been really digging it so far. I have a 3ds xl so the grip isn't as bad for me, but I really do wish I had something more substantial to hang onto sometimes haha. So far I don't think I'll have any issues with the circle pad breaking off, but I'm not too aggressive with it either.

Mega Man is probably most fun for me right now. :D

I've been playing Classic mode and trying to unlock all the characters. Still having fun with the game.

How's your circle pad holding up? I've been reading reports of busted circle pads due to SSB matches.

As for comfort, I haven't tried this peripheral myself, but the reviews seem decent for this grip attachment.
http://www.amazon.com/dreamGEAR-Nin.../ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/179-9633311-8402425
http://www.amazon.com/dreamGEAR-Nin...d=1413115836&sr=1-1&keywords=3ds+comfort+grip

Its holding up ok. The reports of busted ones are getting larger and larger each day which is going to be an issue for Nintendo if they don't get a head of it.

Hmm I'll look into those , thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back