Super nintendo

badjoke

Gawd
What's the price SNES is running for these days? online its about $50 but what about in stores?

I think it would be pretty hard to find in stores. At Gamestop, they usually only have a few handfulls of NES/SNES games.

Sometimes you can find them in EBGames. Most Rhino Video Games stores have them, but I think Rhino is only in FL, GA, and AL

I actually was in a store yesterday that had SNES, NES, and a Turbografix. It was Disc Replay, they also had tons of games for each system. The SNES was going for like 40 bux, I can't believe that stuff is making a comeback, still have all mine figured it was worthless garbage :) I think disc replay is sort of a regional thing to here, I would try to find some used cd/movie stores, thats what this disc replay deals in.

Apparently Gamestop is going to stop carrying NES/SNES Dreamcast stuff soon. I can't find the date, but they won't be taking trades on them soon. Sucks.

Originally posted by odoe
Apparently Gamestop is going to stop carrying NES/SNES Dreamcast stuff soon. I can't find the date, but they won't be taking trades on them soon. Sucks.

:(

Originally posted by Kido1986[LG]
EB Games > Gamestop. IMO
Around these parts EB has a tendancy to hire people who have no business being in the videogame/software market. I mean, you'd think they'd at least hire someone with a passing interest in gaming. Whatmore they tend to have a pretty piss-poor selection of vintage games and the ones they have are over-priced.

The ones around here (Jacksonville, FL) are fairly good. They have knowledgable staff and awesome selections.

Not always the best prices, but service/selection is great.

One used game store over here had an SNES for $50, and Chrono Trigger, FFII, and FFIII for $50, $35, and $45, respectively. I was tempted to get that Chrono Trigger game, but then I remembered that I can get it on PS1 for like $20.

Originally posted by odoe

February 22 if i'm right, which already passed... they'll still "carry" the items though... After that date they just won't accept any in trade at all... no NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, or DreamCast... But they will still be selling the stock that they have....

I bought an SNES for my GF from Gamestop in IL for $25 a few months back.

On a side note, a few years ago (Circa 1999-2000) while I was in Tulsa with my GF at the time, I walked into a used game store (EB or Funco) with FF3, Crono Trig, FF2, and Secret of Mana, in boxes, with manuals. The guy freaked out and offered $20 each. I lollerskated.

Originally posted by Ashtaka
I bought an SNES for my GF from Gamestop in IL for $25 a few months back.

On a side note, a few years ago (Circa 1999-2000) while I was in Tulsa with my GF at the time, I walked into a used game store (EB or Funco) with FF3, Crono Trig, FF2, and Secret of Mana, in boxes, with manuals. The guy freaked out and offered $20 each. I lollerskated.

what is lollerskated? and did you sell them at that price? cause that would be stupid.

well if you have an xbox and a modchip all you need is an snes emulator and boom you can play every snes game there is!

-warsaw

ah the good old days of the super nes........the funny thing is sometimes I watch my 8 yr old playing super metroid and when he had his fill, he comes and watches me play metroid prime on the GC.....:p

send me your worthless garbage!!
im a collector, i like the old carts a million percent better than emulation

Originally posted by Spleeze
what is lollerskated? and did you sell them at that price? cause that would be stupid.

Hehe... sorry, was talking to a buddy in Mayhem speak... "LOL"

And no, I didn't sell them. I told him I'd hang on to them. The guy freaked out, you could so tell he wanted the games for himself. Instead, I gave the games and my SNES to my ex... who still has them to this day...

So, in the end, I lost :p

Originally posted by Spleeze

Lollerskates! <--- http://www.teamdead.net/gentoo/lollerskates.gif

Back