Super Meat Boy is ridiculous

Are you using a controller? Only time I thought it was impossible (first boss) was using the keyboard.

I would hope anyone playing this game would be using a controller. Kinda hard to miss all the warnings / hints about controller usage when the game starts up. :)

Some guy at my local bar claims to have beaten the game (light world i assume) using only a keyboard, so it might actually be possible.

Some guy at my local bar claims to have beaten the game (light world i assume) using only a keyboard, so it might actually be possible.

heh Well "impossible" is a term we all throw around loosely when something is freakin hard! I'm sure it's possible, but I'm guessing it's a lot harder.

Last edited:
I just spent an hour on "The Kid".

30 minutes to finally finish stage 1 and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be once I got the pattern down.

But then I spent 30 minutes on the second stage and still can not get past the third row of spikes. I've got the pattern down where I can do the second row of spikes almost every other try. But I've yet to get past the second or third spike on the third row. Something about going down on an elevator makes it so much harder for my mind to calculate when to move.

How long did it take you guys to finish this from the first try?

Took me about 30 minutes first stage and 45 minutes the second stage. Trying to complete stage 3 now.

My recommendation for stage 2 second half is to not look at the spikes below you but rather the ones to the side to judge when to move.

My recommendation for stage 2 second half is to not look at the spikes below you but rather the ones to the side to judge when to move.

that's great advice, i never thought of that. i think i beat the second stage only by luck....

bump for this thread just because I'm still playing the hell out of it.

Currently at 295/310.

90/100 bandaids.

I'm missing:
3 levels in 7-X.
1 negative level.
5 warp/retro levels.
1 level in 6-X.

So where are the missing 5 or so levels?

I added Dead Boy to my achievements today along with Wood and Needle Boy. Next (and probably last) up is Squirrel Boy.

About the keyboard vs. controller, some of the more impressive videos I've seen are by guys who swear by the keyboard. It all boils down to what you get used to, I feel the same way playing Trackmania.

Here's one from a keyboarder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jPn6zQWsAg

I'm getting pretty close to the Golden God 100% the game achievement. I have to do some of dark rapture and dark cotton alley yet.

I should actually try playing this game sometime. I bought it but have yet to even try it. :p

I should actually try playing this game sometime. I bought it but have yet to even try it. :p

I think a lot of people fall in this category because of the xmas Steam Sale ($7.50 / half price?).

I finally stopped playing the game when I got tired of running 7-20 over and over and not being able to get the A+ time. I had probably 500 deaths on that level alone, and completed the stage just three times. The most recent attempt was one second off from the A+ time.

Is that the final Cotton Alley stage? Yeah, the A+ time on that is ridiculous.

The music is also infuriating.

Is that the final Cotton Alley stage? Yeah, the A+ time on that is ridiculous.

The music is also infuriating.

bahah i love that music...

getting 45 seconds on the light world 7-20 was a lot harder than the dark world version of the same level (since you have more time for the A+)... 7-20X is still ridiculous tho.

it's the same level, except you start from the top and saws are continually moving down from the ceiling to force you to move quickly.

Its great. Last E3 the 2 developers were at the game kiosk at the Microsoft booth most of the day. At one point I was playing the game and both approached me and asked me some questions and for feedback.

I told them the game was in a league of its own. At the time, it was just announced, nobody at E3 knew what it was so the kiosk was empty most of the day. These guys were super cool, gave a book a T shirt, and some strange memoire of the 2 of them. I also got some stickers and a comic book.

We talked for like 20 minutes and they both hand signed the shirt, book and comic. I shoved it all in my E3 swag bag and went on my merry way thinking some indy devs just did something cool and thought nothing of it. Before the game came out I was going through my swag bag (it sat in my closet for like 6 months?), saw all the signed loot and shrugged my shoulders... tossed it all in the trash. I'm a minimalist and if I haven't used something in 6 months it gets thrown away, always. Neat and organized is the name of my game.

My OCD habit bit me in the ass this time, I deeply regret throwing away all of that signed loot. :( This year I will not throw anything like that away.

Never throw anything signed away!

Back