Super Mario Odyssey

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
The hat makes me feel uncomfortable, so much so I can't understand why anyone thought that was a good idea. Mario also looks pretty lame running around a real world environment, like a crazed troll... when he jumps off the building, I really hoped real-world physics would kick in and he splatters across horrified children's faces and they are scarred for life.

Any other opinions? What do you guys think? Are you pumped for this? Why?

I like platformers and Mario is one of the best. The real world thing looks odd but I'm sure it will be tons of fun.

Some of the environments looks cool:
Super-Mario-Odyssey-10.jpg

super_mario_odyssey.jpg

I have so many questions about the nature of reality in this game.

Nevertheless, looks very good, will definitely pick it up.

This game will be the reason I buy a Switch.

I watched a few Nintendo Treehouse videos of Super Mario Odyssey and it looked great. The hat is kinda goofy (much like how the water thing from sunshine was goofy) but it definitely opens up some new cool gameplay ideas. Pretty sure this game will set the new standard for the genre.

TBH, Nintendo's E3 showing was all around great. Their lineup, although smaller than the other guys, had a certain quality to it. MS was too focused on hardware, and Sony's games looked great, but kinda blurred into each other (story driven post apocalyptic zombie/robo dino survival ad nauseum).

I had some hands-on time with the game at E3 and it was pretty phenomenal. Odyssey isn't going to blow your mind with new mechanics/gameplay ideas but it is just a really solid platformer that looks great. I played it on a ~30" 1080p display from about 2 feet away and I can safely say that it's the smoothest-running game on the Switch that I've played thus far.

I try not to preorder anymore but I still have faith in Nintendo to deliver a quality product even if they have to delay it so I bit the bullet and have an order in on Amazon.

I try not to preorder anymore but I still have faith in Nintendo to deliver a quality product even if they have to delay it so I bit the bullet and have an order in on Amazon.

I'm right there with you. Pre-ordering is a practice that has caused a lot of damage to the consumer-end of the video-game industry.

Honestly, if it's a first-party Nintendo title, you are probably alright to pre-order, and with the scarcity of physical Switch games it might be a good idea if you want to score the 20% off offered by Best Buy Gamers Club or Amazon Prime and play on launch day.

It looks fun but the hat having eyeballs is really weird, and the realistic dinosaur doesn't fit in the Mario universe. That being said, as long as they can tie it in and acknowledge the ridiculousness, I'm in.

Back