Super Mario Bros. Level Recreated in Central Park Using HoloLens

I can't wait until someone builds a room full of metal rods that stick up from the ground by magnets or air in relation to where you are in the game to simulate the 3D emvironment. Couldn't imagine it being to difficult, if I had enough money I would totally do it!

Sorry .... a little uncomfortable with the pedofilia finger pinching hand gestures toward those cute little Goomba's.

He is using the 3rd dimension to bypass the games 2dimensional layout... cheater :D
My thoughts exactly, although I think he's onto something, maybe they should make a 3d mario game.... now if only someone could tell Nintendo.

Also failure on not getting double points when you squash goombas back to back

I was waiting to see how he made the tubes and other objects function. Talk about disappointing.

Now, just build a course with the actual obstacles (pipes, steps, etc), and you'll have a winner!

it looks less like he's throwing fireballs and more like he is trying to pinch the goomba's nipples. still pretty neat though.

Super cool. The got to play with a holo lens that my brothers company bought. Very cool tech and the way it maps the environment is super impressive. The pinch action/finger wave action sucks though. And you can see that in the video as he tries to fire fireballs and the hollow lens fails to register his action.

Anyway very fun application of a cool early stage technology!

While I do like the concept and where it will take us... you thought idiots running into stuff while their faces were planted into their phones was bad? Wait until this becomes main stream...

This looks like a cool demo but not like a game that would be fun or rewarding to play... which also describes everything else I've seen from AR.

The pits looked really cool though. Like there really is a hole into the void in middle of the road.

... and this is why I need to be gifted a hololens headset.

This is really freaking cool! I can see obstacle courses dedicated to these.

ffs... at least make a level from mario 64... this does not look fun at all

It was buggy as hell and didn't really look all that enticing but this is ground work for hopefully something way better to come!

Back