Super Hot: Socket 478 Soyo FREE

I got in on this one. I can always find a home for a P4 motherboard. It's not quite a cool as crap-in-a-bag, but it is free. :D

MoFoQ... why crap the thread? This is the hot deals forum, not the rebate debate forum. If you don't want a Soyo motherboard then don't get one. Let everyone else make up their own minds.
:rolleyes:

ChingChang said:
deal ends on the first... hope they get more in stock. Probably won't, though.
Actually it ends on the 26th of September, you retard.

I just ordered it... hope there isn't any problems with the rebates.

I placed my order on the 30th at 4:20pm and didn't expect it to ship til the next day but it shipped on the 30t, that's cool. I read through this thread earlier today and someone said this board didn't support Celeron D's. Do you have proof of that? I didn't find anything about it. About the rebates, one person said to mail them both in 1 envelope, another said use copies of the receipt and UPC, so I e-mailed Soyo about it, I'll keep their reply e-mail and copies of my MIR's incase I don't get the rebate checks. Other than that this looks like a decent board, not sure what I will do with it though...

Mines coming tomorrow... we'll see if it's worth anything.

Anyone know if there is any resale value on the boards?

stumpy said:
Mines coming tomorrow... we'll see if it's worth anything.

Anyone know if there is any resale value on the boards?
mine is tomorrow too woowoo

this will be a good upgrade from my i845pe i hope

Inscape said:
I placed my order on the 30th at 4:20pm and didn't expect it to ship til the next day but it shipped on the 30t, that's cool. I read through this thread earlier today and someone said this board didn't support Celeron D's. Do you have proof of that? I didn't find anything about it. About the rebates, one person said to mail them both in 1 envelope, another said use copies of the receipt and UPC, so I e-mailed Soyo about it, I'll keep their reply e-mail and copies of my MIR's incase I don't get the rebate checks. Other than that this looks like a decent board, not sure what I will do with it though...

The board does not support Prescotts, which as we all know is what the Celeron-D is based on. I am still going to get one and hope that it runs. Should not have any thermal problems due to the Celeron drawing less juice.

CentronMe said:
The board does not support Prescotts, which as we all know is what the Celeron-D is based on. I am still going to get one and hope that it runs. Should not have any thermal problems due to the Celeron drawing less juice.

Motherboards.org says it suports Prescotts and Soyo says it does.

so i got it today and am currently installing windows on it

what a shitty bios

i can do cas adjustments and fsb adjustments as well as cpu:ram multiplier. thats it

no vcore, advanced ram tuning or anything. maybe theres a secret menu like some manufacturers do but i havent looked. like i said, installing windows right now

so far, it looks like it can still do the same overclock as with my last mobo (not sure what slack timings ram is running at)

well see if it can do more ;)

bios flash after windows is installed

not bad for free but we always still hope for more, you know? :)

edit: by the way, new bios out a few weeks ago
http://www.soyo.com.tw/downloads/filedesc.php?id=1000028
865DP1A2.zip
2004-08-17
AMI BIOS for SY-P4I865PE Dragon Plus 2 v1.0

interesting

Fucking shit man, I got mine today and the invoice packing list is to a different person, the BILL TO and SHIP TO addresses are different than mine. WHat the fuck do I do about the rebate now??? Seems like they rushed all of these out the door a little too quick... not complaining about whats for free but rather this not becoming free at all...

MooCow said:
Fucking shit man, I got mine today and the invoice packing list is to a different person, the BILL TO and SHIP TO addresses are different than mine. WHat the fuck do I do about the rebate now??? Seems like they rushed all of these out the door a little too quick... not complaining about whats for free but rather this not becoming free at all...

Log onto Newegg and print out an invoice. My package only came with a packing list and it told me to print my invoice.

edit: So what are you guys doing> Sending the rebates in 1 envelope or making a copy of the UPC?

Inscape said:
Log onto Newegg and print out an invoice. My package only came with a packing list and it told me to print my invoice.

edit: So what are you guys doing> Sending the rebates in 1 envelope or making a copy of the UPC?
I have no fucking idea. They both demand the UPC, but we only have one :rolleyes:

Sorry, excuse my attitude, but I've been dealing with dickend service for the past few days, patience has left my body...

Usually they will tell you to make a copy of the UPC, but in this case they want the original one from the package. I wanted to get all this paper work done and completed and sent in the mail today but now I gotta put one more thing down on my to do list.

Looked on fatwallet.com forum to see if there's a similar thread there and there is one for an XP board $10 after MIR from zipzoomfly.com. Someone emailed zipzoomfly and was told to put their 2 rebates for that board in one envelope and Soyo will process both of them. SO I'll follow the same thing for this board. There are also plenty of people on that board that haven't recieved their rebates from a few moths ago yet. So with luck they will honor the rebates and give us our checks.

wait a second...

i have both pdf's

do i send it to just one? if so, which one?

because on the second revised pdf, they wrote that a copy of the upc is acceptable

im concerned now

it would be easier and less of a headache to send one

and if i do send one, do i only send one upc and one invoice?

I have no idea, someone obviously didn't double check the rebate requirements when they wrote out the PDF files.

MooCow said:
I have no fucking idea. They both demand the UPC, but we only have one

I don't know what you guys are talking about. My $35.00 rebate says it wants the original UPC and my $40.00 rebate says it wants a COPY of UPC. maybe they changed the PDF, try downloading it again.

here is the email i got from soyo
Dear Blah,

Thank you for purchasing SOYO product.
Please submit the mail in rebates together in the same envelope with the UPC code and the receipt. We need the original UPC Code, and the receipt may be original, or copy. The UPC code should be outside of the box and starts with 660475, except CX-5959 it starts with 654862..
If one of your rebate is www.onrebate.com, please contact TigerDirect for further assistant. They are offering the rebates to customer.

Please feel free to contact us if there are further questions.

Best Regards,

Rebate Department,
SOYO Inc.

Thanks runt for clearing some things up
smile.gif

Mine should arrive on friday. I better get these rebates back soon... I have a couple hundred dollars worth now lol, but it will be nice when they all arrive
smile.gif

ChingChang said:
Thanks runt for clearing some things up
smile.gif

Mine should arrive on friday. I better get these rebates back soon... I have a couple hundred dollars worth now lol, but it will be nice when they all arrive
smile.gif

it was also posted a few pages back that someone called and got the same response from them. i included a copy of the email just to make sure they don't shaft me ;)

runt said:
here is the email i got from soyo
thats nice

but which do i mail to?
#1392 or #1391? both have the same addy, just a different first line
:/!

ziddey said:
thats nice

but which do i mail to?
#1392 or #1391? both have the same addy, just a different first line
:/!
i didn't put a number in it at all, since the email didn't say to. i think thats also what the person that called them was told to do (i hope).

runt said:
it was also posted a few pages back that someone called and got the same response from them. i included a copy of the email just to make sure they don't shaft me
wink.gif
I skipped a few pages
redface.gif

hehe

Got mine today, and was worried when Newegg took the rebate forms down... fortunately I found them via Google ...had me scared for a minute, like I paid $75 for this piece of crap. Interesting color board though ;)

lit said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. My $35.00 rebate says it wants the original UPC and my $40.00 rebate says it wants a COPY of UPC. maybe they changed the PDF, try downloading it again.
Yeah, perhaps, I will give that a try since both of mine literally say the original UPC.

I just reprinted the rebates off of Newegg. The $40 rebate now says "Copy of UPC". Glad I waited a couple days for the mixup to get resolved.

Actually I just checked today, there are two links on the same soyo board page on newegg, and both point to different rebate forms. Infact the rebate deal was going on again today!

Edit: NOW they are fixed....

Do I need to send BOTH the original UPC and UPC Copy? or will just the original be fine.. and same with the reciept?

I took a plunge too for $75 + $5 shipping.

I would suggest a class action law suit if things do turn out good. :D

Aside from my laptop, I never owned a Pentium system.

This is going to be a first.

haha this motherboard is slower when using singlechannel than my old albatron px845pev pro

and it likes to take a shit on me at least once a day

i could go months on end with my alba

sheesh
;) oh well, if it turns out to be free, i still wouldnt mind

but if they fuck me with one (or worst case two) rebates, ive got a knife

ziddey said:
haha this motherboard is slower when using singlechannel than my old albatron px845pev pro

and it likes to take a shit on me at least once a day

i could go months on end with my alba

sheesh
;) oh well, if it turns out to be free, i still wouldnt mind

but if they fuck me with one (or worst case two) rebates, ive got a knife

Do you care to elaborate more on the problems you are having with this motherboard?
I can always refuse the shipment. :p

spectrumbx said:
Do you care to elaborate more on the problems you are having with this motherboard?
I can always refuse the shipment. :p
im not sure what happened
i can prime forever on it
and i expect to be able to...
i mean my ram is rated ddr433 2-3-3-7 and yet im running ddr375 2.5-4-4-8

how lame is that? thats even though i set cas to 2, it still does 2.5

the bios is stupid

but its still free hopefully which makes it not bad

there were only about three occasions when i shit out on me, which never really happened at all on my old motherboard

just out of nowhere, itll freezeup

im not sure if voltages dipped too low or anything

im still probably going to keep it for a while

another thing i dont like is that speedfan is unable to control the fan speeds on this motherboard

but all in all, ive used much worse motherboards in my lifetime so im not complaining too much *cough* pcchipc *cough*

edit: also, i guess it doesnt help that i dip to 11.37v under full load, and about 11.45v idle

Yeah, this boards OC options are crap. I'm trying to figure out if this board has actually implemented the AGP/PCI lock or not, since you can't change it in BIOS (unless I missed something)

Master [H] said:
Yeah, this boards OC options are crap. I'm trying to figure out if this board has actually implemented the AGP/PCI lock or not, since you can't change it in BIOS (unless I missed something)
i would think so
im running 150fsb right now and its moreorless stable

if its not locked, 150/4=37.5
i dont think id be stable with that kind of pci

I was under the impression that all Intel 865/875 board were locked. Does not SANDRA readout the PCI bus speed?

Back