SUPER [H]ot: 50% off Dell refurbs, 40% off laptops

Refurb monitors are more expensive through Dell than brand new through Amazon.

Ridiculous.

:punch:

Sweet thanks! Just picked up 3 laptops for work for our loaner laptops :)

Picked up a laptop that will be perfect for what I need it for! 271$ shipped for a 3rd gen i5 and backlit keyboard, and a dedicated card. Not to bad !

e6430 i5 3340m, was listed as "clearance", and then I used the "FATWALLET40" discount.

Mmmm... these deals are a bit meh for most of us. The low end isn't too bad, but the high end this time around is mostly in "A" condition, which translates to a whole lot of markup for not much good. I know because I have a so-called "B" grade and it's pretty much in perfect functional shape. Cosmetically, it's far from "B" grade.

If I had to get something out of this deal that at least has a 1080p screen, it would probably be this:
Official Dell Store | Dell Latitude E6530 2GB RAM 256GB HDD 6826228

Ram is dirt cheap compared to the amount extra they're asking for the higher ram models, so I'd just get that with the 40% off and then plop some ram into it. Has a great processor and whatnot. As far as monitors go, I was considering the U2711 they have in stock. Great build quality and whatnot; I've had one... but 400$ is a bit much to me for an old, refurbished IPS considering there are some other 1440p monitors out there that can be had new for about that much. Only really useful if you need the 10 bit panel. Though again the build quality and all of the ports are pretty amazing. Though, the anti glare coating is why I returned mine. It's freaking horrid. Like a rainbow on your screen. =\

I was considering the U2711 they have in stock. Great build quality and whatnot; I've had one... but 400$ is a bit much to me for an old, refurbished IPS considering there are some other 1440p monitors out there that can be had new for about that much. Only really useful if you need the 10 bit panel. Though again the build quality and all of the ports are pretty amazing. Though, the anti glare coating is why I returned mine. It's freaking horrid. Like a rainbow on your screen. =\

Eh, I had the U2711 and the AG coating was atrocious! I returned it the next day to Microcenter, and picked up a 2713hm for slightly more (2711 was on clearance) and was very glad I did. I wouldn't touch that panel with a 10ft pole unless the AG coating was fixed in later revisions.

Eh, I had the U2711 and the AG coating was atrocious! I returned it the next day to Microcenter, and picked up a 2713hm for slightly more (2711 was on clearance) and was very glad I did. I wouldn't touch that panel with a 10ft pole unless the AG coating was fixed in later revisions.

I had a dell ultra sharp long time ago (8 or so years) and the anti-glare was indeed terrible, the sparkle effect was pretty bad. I'd love to get a U2715H, but the 60hz limit and anti-glare coating are turn offs. There are a few guides around on how to remove the AG coating on these types of monitors, but I wouldn't want to throw the warranty out the window on two brand new monitors a few days after I bought them.

Seems to be dead...Tried to pick up a $400 ultra book with an i5 for my mom but the 40% coupon errors out. I wish I had seem this on Friday. Her HP special edition DV series as served her well since I bought it for her in 2008. I am going to pull the HD DVD drive out before I hand it off to someone else, I am fairly sure it is a collector's item now lol!

Back