Super Flower 2KW PSU

Lucky75

Limp Gawd
Hello guys,
what do you think for 2kW Super Flower PSU ?

" The collaboration of Super Flower with the world's number 1 overclocker, the multiple world record holder 'Ian "8Pack" Parry' has led to the worlds first consumer 2000W power supply on the market, offering extreme power without compromises, the 8Pack way! This Power supply can handle 4-way SLI & 4-way CrossfireX with ease, and with efficiency levels of up to 94% to boot. All Leadex Platinum Power Supplies feature a fully modular design, 140mm silent DBB Fan, full Japanese 105°C capacitors, ECO Intelligent Thermal control system, a huge amount of connectors and single rail design. For when you need the very best and biggest power supply on the market, the '8Pack' edition 2000W Superflower 80+ Platinum should be your first and only choice. "

This is really a very niche product. I can't imagine needing this much power, even for an ultimate gaming system.

wouldnt you need to upgrade the wall outlets, was told max output least here in canada was 1600watt, youd need upgrade breakers,

I do not need to upgrade nothing. But when I buy this nice guy I has 4 x 290X AMD Cards 300W each and overclocked 6 core i7-3960X for about 200 W. So for confort building it is perfect as you know for stable work and better PSU life ot is good to work at 60 to 75% of the max output.
Another option then was EVGA titanium at 1600W but they late with delivery to our country with 3 months.

Today I do not need that cards for working, gaming. I sold them for mining. Which was mistake I think.

Why spend an enormous amount on a power supply to support 4x 290x when something like a 5700xt or 2070super will give you a better experience at a 5th of the power consumption?

Why spend an enormous amount on a power supply to support 4x 290x when something like a 5700xt or 2070super will give you a better experience at a 5th of the power consumption?
If you read my post in details it was about 8 years ago. Today I will buy only 3080 Ti for much better performance. But that PSU is amazing from any point of view.
I just cannot get any negave point there. Yes it is too powerful for today hardware but that is good from hardware health and more slow down PSU Fan and utilization is lower than 1600W for example.

Today I do not need that cards for working, gaming. I sold them for mining. Which was mistake I think.

Sorry, didn't get that from your post

If you are going to buy it and use with a 3080ti, why not maximise its use and buy 4x 3080tis or whatever it takes to draw that much power

Because one or probably 2 3080ti should be pretty much for my tasks that I have.
If I can use them like AI server for professional use ... why not.

Back