Super duper powerful laser heat HOT. Free frames + lenses from Coastal Contacts

Wonder how long this is going on for. I'm in disparate need of new frames, but as my last exam was over 3 years ago I'd have to take care of that first.

I ordered but their reseller history is not that great lot of complaints about products not received or being delayed for a long period of time. will see what happens with my order.

They have had this promotion very often in the past, and I bet they'll offer it again :)

Yea not incredibly hot.. They've had free coupon codes before, and they usually also send you a coupon code with your free pair of glasses for *another* free pair!

I find their selection to be lacking pretty majorly also.. Any decent designer brands have odd or "reject" designs that are pretty hideous, but that's just my 2 cents..

I picked up a pair of rimless glasses, including shipping and all of the coatings I got them for about 22$.
Being that I do not like paying 500$ and up for glasses at lenscrafters I figured I would give it a go.

Another benefit is I was able to pay through paypal, so they don't have my credit info, which makes me feel a little safer.

Also watch out for lens measurements.. My first pair had a width of 120mm and it's a little bit tight, so I ordered another free pair with a 125mm width but it ended up being even smaller than my 120mm pair.

Good thing they also have free shipping back with an RMA.. was easy stuff..

Ugh....came in here for a super-duper hot LASER. Though my plan to become supreme ruler still abides...

"Shipping and handling" cost of $10-15 for glasses? Lol.

Plus, it looks like you only get free "index" lenses...meaning you can't get ones that actually work for you, right?

Question: After selecting the frames I want, does it matter what Lens type I choose (Free, +$19.95, +$29.95, or +$99.95) or will I have to pay that +price but still get the frames for free + shipping?

Pretty sure you have to pay for any extra coatings.

I picked up a pair of rimless glasses, including shipping and all of the coatings I got them for about 22$.
Being that I do not like paying 500$ and up for glasses at lenscrafters I figured I would give it a go.

Another benefit is I was able to pay through paypal, so they don't have my credit info, which makes me feel a little safer.

bummer i gave them my credit info... ugh

About the same price as places like Zenni Optical and their competitors. I recently got several pairs from Zenni Optical for $7-15 a pair plus $5 shipping for the entire order (split with family/friends, too) and am satisfied with all of them. It's not much to get polycarbonate/coated lenses as well, if you need them. I usually just go with the free mid-index lenses and go for polycarbonate/antiglare if I'm getting a more expensive frame (like their rimless selection).

Several similar sites and reviews of them are posted in the Slickdeals mega thread: http://slickdeals.net/f/443888-Prescription-eyeglasses-8-95-ship

I can get 10-15+ pairs of glasses comparable to what I'd get in my optometrist's office for the same price as one. And that's if I use my insurance on the glasses at the optometrist's. Instead, I use my insurance on daily wear contact lenses and buy inexpensive glasses from these places.

The quality can sometimes be less than what you'd get for an expensive pair in a brick-and-mortar store, but I'd say the quality to value ratio is much higher with inexpensive glasses. While the price may be 10% or less, the quality is maybe 70% of what you'd get from your optometrist's office.

Last edited:
I have purchased from zenni optical several times, Every time that I have ordered more than one pair of glasses there is a noticeable difference between the two pairs when I wear them, If I wear one pair for a a bit then put on the other things seem to "swim" which makes me think their lenses are a bit screwy.

I could really use this. I wonder if I call up Pearl Vision if they would give me the info I need to get a pair. I think I'm actually due for a new prescription anyway.

I could really use this. I wonder if I call up Pearl Vision if they would give me the info I need to get a pair. I think I'm actually due for a new prescription anyway.

Call your eye doctor. By law they have to give it to you if you request it.

That's exactly what we did.. we got our prescriptions from the optometrist, but decided against frames from them for the obvious price hike.

Took the paper with the prescription on it, measured our pupillary (sp?) distance and put it all in on the coastal.com site.. Was incredibly painless. It really is amazing the amount of money this saves you over standard frames, although I only bought a couple coastal pairs for backup pairs and I still believe it's a good idea to have at least one really good pair of glasses for primary use day in and out.

I just got my first pair of glasses. I must say, that was pretty quick, faster than zenni took. For free, designer glasses with the correct prescription, you certainly cannot beat that. The glasses comes in a USPS-like priority box, the glasses inside a bag which is inside a case, the cool thing is they give you this screw driver too. The glasses are kind of small, but that is my fault because I didn't bother to check the frame size, so it doesn't bother me much. Waiting to on my other pair to be delivered at my work place.

At the end of the day, never will I ever go into a shop again and pay $200 + for a complete set. Online is at least the same quality for waaaaaay less

Not sure if the deal is still on, but I called my eye doctors office & told them I lost my glasses & was out of town & they gave me mine.

Thank you, BETA. I got mine yesterday. If you see anymore deals like this please post them. I have no insurance, so this was a great deal.

This is awesome, thanks! My kid just broke another pair yet again... It's getting too damn expensive to keep buying him glasses..

i loved my first pair
i live in Seattle so they came next day
awesome!

Call your eye doctor. By law they have to give it to you if you request it.

Technically we're supposed to give it to you whether you ask or not. I'd be weary of this though. Frames are supposed to be fit to you with the proper temple length and bridge size. Also, the optical center of the lens is supposed to be seated in line with your pupils, not necessarily the center of the frame. If the center of the lens is not lined up with your pupils, you will have induced prism which some people can tolerate and some cannot.

They request the measurement for the optical center, and I've bought glasses at many a retail shop over the years that didn't bother worrying about temple length and bridge size. These can't be any worse than what many people live with...glasses bought from Wal-Mart or the equivalent.

thread title made me think there was some free badass laser pointer being given away :(

Not really worth it for me. Ends up just being the frames that are free. I have to get the $99 lenses at my prescription range.

If I'm going to pay over $100 for glasses, I'll just go to my eye doctor.

They request the measurement for the optical center, and I've bought glasses at many a retail shop over the years that didn't bother worrying about temple length and bridge size. These can't be any worse than what many people live with...glasses bought from Wal-Mart or the equivalent.

you didn't have to worry about the bridge size and temple length at the retail shop because you had the luxury of trying them on :rolleyes:

and even at walmart they mark up the pupils

I bit, got my new prescription yesterday and having searched and already found a pair(http://www.coastal.com/glasses/frames/joseph-marc-4068-blue/prod24122.html) I ordered a set. Pupils weren't too bad to measure with some help, not a one person job if your blind with out glasses on. So far there are a couple of cons though. You really have to watch what lens they select, they priced a $70 set for me but I was able to pick the free ones and the shipping/delivery date has changed from 2/7 and 2/10 to 2/9 and 2/14 with no notice being sent to my email.

Total cost was $9.95 for shipping.

I bit, got my new prescription yesterday and having searched and already found a pair(http://www.coastal.com/glasses/frames/joseph-marc-4068-blue/prod24122.html) I ordered a set. Pupils weren't too bad to measure with some help, not a one person job if your blind with out glasses on. So far there are a couple of cons though. You really have to watch what lens they select, they priced a $70 set for me but I was able to pick the free ones and the shipping/delivery date has changed from 2/7 and 2/10 to 2/9 and 2/14 with no notice being sent to my email.

Total cost was $9.95 for shipping.

Got them on the 13th(sorry guys kinda forgot about this thread). Of course after checking the tracking number and seeing that they were "Held at facility until delivery date" I headed off to work only to have to come home later and pick them up.

Packing was well done. Sorry no pics of the unpacking as my wife opened them when I wasn't home they came in a smallish box for shipping with light padding. As others have stated they came with a hard case and cleaning cloth(blue that matches my frames, not sure if that is normal colors our added to match) a mini screw driver and some paper work, including a 'give this to a friend so they can get a free pair' thing.

No problems with vision what so ever.

I'm gunna have to give them an honest A+ the only risk areas for me was the pupil measuring, for those like me that went in for an eye exam before ordering, have the store measure for you, other wise find someone that can help with it.

Other then the shipping dates changing with no notice I have no complaints on any thing they could handle(I got flex frames and I'm having trouble getting used to how loose they feel).

Back