SUPER Blazing Hot! 1TB Crucial P1 3D NAND M.2 NVMe PCIe Solid State Drive $105

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by Hulk, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

2. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Hulk likes this.
  3. Hulk

Hulk [H]ardness Supreme

Not that bad of a deal, the MC one is $135 + tax + gas. The Crucial one might be a good deal if your laptop only has PCI x 1 or x 2 lanes like the Dell 7567 for example. No sense in getting a much faster drive if your hardware can't handle it. Also, if you want to max out your laptop's storage space it might be a good deal. Get one NVMe and one SSD, most laptops allow you to have two drives these days. I thought that faster speeds only matter if your swapping large files, like 100GB video editing clips.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  4. tangoseal

tangoseal [H]ardness Supreme

Not even a football field close to the Inland performance wise but price wise it's really good.

5. westrock2000

westrock2000 [H]ardForum Junkie

Higher throughput also means higher power usage and heat output, not a great thing on a laptop.

(Idle Power Consumption - Lower better)
    Intel-SSD-660P-Idle-Power-Low-1024x559.png

(MB/Watt - Higher better)
    Intel-SSD-660P-30GB-Efficiency-1024x578.png

These pictures are for the Intel 660p obviously, but it shows that some of those awesome performing Samsungs come at another price. While the "slow" 660p has other advantages.

Gabe and Hulk like this.
  6. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

And that price would be about $4 dollars additional per YEAR lol.

Don't let that little graph have you thinking those are huge differences ... you're talking about the absolute tiniest amounts of electricity

7. SamirD

SamirD 2[H]4U

Power matters if you've 40 of these in a storage enclosure attached to a server. Power is what the big boys think about moreso than raw performance. Of course, I'm not a big boy so I've still got old pentium 4s burning power. :D

8. Nobu

Nobu 2[H]4U

When you aren't connected to the grid, it does become a concern...but you can't make anything out of those graphs in that regard. They don't use mAh as a unit, and MB/W makes no sense...MB/Wh? MB/Ws, maybe?

9. westrock2000

westrock2000 [H]ardForum Junkie

My comment was about laptop usage specifically (limited power, limited cooling). Plugged in to the wall is not going to be an issue, I agree.

Hulk likes this.
  10. jmilcher

jmilcher [H]ardness Supreme

Nvme and one sata I believe you meant. They are both ssd’s.

Hulk likes this.