Sunday April 11th 4pm eastern time Legend of Zelda Link to past race (with prize)

Jared701

[H]ard|Gawd
Let me set up some proposed rules.

1, No cheats/exploits/multiple times speed/instant saves via an emulator or other device are allowed.

2.No guides are allowed after this race starts (looking at guides this week is fine)

3. You must record how many times you die during the race and 5 minutes will be added to your total time for each death.

4. Everyone who loses will have to use the sig of the winner for the following 7 days.

5. Everyone who loses will be required to post on the forums at least 3 times during that week to show off the new sig.

6. The winner's sig choice must not be inflammatory/racist/sexist or something which could get the users banned.

7. The race will start at 4pm eastern time Sunday April 11th.

8. Each entrant will be required to post where they are in the game approximately every 30 minutes while the race is going and how many deaths you have. Additionally you must post that you finished the game within 5 minutes of game completion with # of deaths.

9. To enter, simply state that you are in within this thread. If you enter and cannot end up doing the race you will be considered to be one of the losers and required to use the sig of the winner like everyone else.

10. The winner is the person with the lowest time (including death times added).

Last edited:
I've been staring at my copy for a couple years wanting to give it another run through but not yet.

*edit* Fired up the SNES but my RF adapter is screwed up. Ordered a universal one for my SNES/Genesis.

Last edited:
Let me clarify that exploits include glitches. Any runs like found in the youtube video would not count as it's glitching out the game.

You in bigdogchris? You were going to play through it soon anyways.

I'm not up for the challenge, but it seems like an awesome idea! GL

getting in late, I wish I could get in on this but too busy, it's crunch time :( If you have anything like this in late may or june I'm in.

getting in late, I wish I could get in on this but too busy, it's crunch time :( If you have anything like this in late may or june I'm in.

No one responded so I didn't do the run. Name a date after May 20th or so and I'll do it.

I'm not in, but I remember my fastest time on my old SNES being just over 3 hours and I was booking (or so I thought)

i dunno how set on link to the past you are but i'd be willing, its not my favorite tho. I'f be totally down for it or Ocarina basically anytime after May 17 if you can get more people in on it

Too bad this it isn't 1993, when I was a god at this game. I made a habit of beating the hell out of it on a daily basis.

1:36? That's nuts that guy must have been built in a lab to play zelda in case the soviets recruited gannon or something

Back