Sunbeamtech NUUO 550W Power Supply

Gun_Strife

2[H]4U
Well I was checking this thing out and was woundering if anybody has one of these I read the review here

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/cases/Sunbeamtech_NUUO_550W_1.html

and on anandtech its the psu they chose as their mid range gaming psu and was thinking I might give this guya go, by the way its the only NVIDIA SLI Certified modular psu. So if ya got what lmk what you think

I will be running 2x 250gb maxtor 10 diamonds, 7800GTX, 3200 Venice, a wc setup, 1 optical drive and a couple of fans. I want to make sure that this psu wouldn't hold back any of my oc'n. I can get the venice to 2.58ghz no probs and my GTX to 543mhz 1.38ghz

aight then well I guess no one has one so I will just order one the price is great i think and will get back to you guys to let you know how it turns out

I did purchase it for a total of $86.08 so alot less what I was looking at spending for either a modular psu such as ocz's or a SLI certifided psu and this has both they shipped it off within an hour of my order, coming from FL eta 27th so I will most certainly update

and Spectre ty for the link but they had nothing I didn't already see :)

You my friend are in the exact same situation as me. I ordered one from Performance-Pcs.com They had a great reseller rating (higher than newegg if youd believe it). However, they sent it out the same day. However once it reached UPS'es hands it all went downhill. Theyve sent it around to 4 different cities within Florida over the past 5 days, and it still hasnt left the state, estimated delivery is on the 27th for me as well.

It really sucks because that psu is the last component i need for my new box.

PS. I placed my order from newegg for my mobo on the same day as i placed the order for the psu. It got here (Vermont) from california in two days), and that was free shipping, UPS shipping cost 9 bucks for them to send it around florida for a week.

Grrrrrr @ UPS

Yea that sucks as of now mine left Jacksonville yesterday morning and I have no update yet. But it might be due to all the hurricane stuff you know, regardless, if they could get it from FL to Cali in less than a week I will still be happy seeing how my current rig runs fine with my current psu. But I am very excited to try this bad boy out, it feels like we should have to pay more for this psu don't you think :)

Mines "departed" Jacksonville on the 21st at 9am finally, but it hasnt been updated since then. I truly wish they had had a fedex option. But yes, it looks like an amazing psu, shame it didnt have two dedicated pci-e connectors (the second one is through an adapter). But thats a sacrifice im willing to make for the best sleeved cables ive ever seen (its actual rubber, not just that mesh stuff). and a sli certified modular psu.

And ya, it seems like it should cost more. Every review ive seen of it they said it was great though, even Toms. The reason i think it might be cheaper however is its efficiency is in the 60% range whereas high ones push 90% + efficiency

lol same here no update in 2 days last known status departed from Jacksonville I can't wait just hope it shows up on time

jbrukardt said:
Mine's on the truck for delivery finally :), new system here i come

Just don't blame Performance-PC's for something UPS screwed up.

Performance-PC's has a higher rating than Newegg because their service is BETTER than Newegg.

I've got a horror story for a Newegg screw up that was Newegg's fault for every horror story that you might have that is nobody's fault but UPS or FedEx's. I guarantee. ;)

man thats great but for some reason I cant get hotmail to work right now so can see update hopefully it gets here tomorrow but I work 3-cl so you might be me getting it all installed and tested :D

johnyGURU, i dont in the least, they got it shipped within 4 hours of when i placed on my order, ups was just slow as hell

jbrukardt said:
johnyGURU, i dont in the least, they got it shipped within 4 hours of when i placed on my order, ups was just slow as hell

:cool:

Yeah. UPS can be your worst enemy sometimes. Check this out....

I ordered a battery and LCD from ASI and had it shipped to a customer in the DC area.

The battery was delivered, but the LCD had an "exception" on it. I called UPS and they said that they needed a suite number. I confirmed the suite number and they said they'd ship it tomorrow.

Tomorrow passes and there's a second exception on the delivery status. I called UPS back and they said that the address was invalid. I told them that was B.S. because they just shipped a battery backup to that address!

Later that night I checked tracking and I saw "address correction made." Address correction? We didn't "correct" the address. The address was right. I better call back.

I called and asked what address they had. They gave me a completely different address than where the LCD was to be delivered. I told them that the change was not made by me and that they need to change the address back to what it was before.

I then Googled the address that UPS had. It was the address for a Storage Unit in the DC area! Can you say, "UPS man looking for a free LCD???"

Ouch, thats horrible.

Knock on wood, ive never had a problem with fedex however. Thats not to say that they are perfect, but they have a far better track record in my book than ups. I find them to be faster, cheaper, and handle packages better

aight well I was suppose to get mine tonday but no go it even says out for delivery and its now 930pm and no truck I even seen a ups guy drive in front of my house and slow down but never came to my door I am so pissed any word on yours or are you to busy playing with it

Got mine a couple days ago, been building my box, routing cables and stuff. Its real nice, but i realized my current case (Chieftek Dragon full tower) is way to small. One thing you should be careful of (although it was a fault of mine not the PSUs), is to make sure to plug the molex connectors in all the way to the psu, i managed to only half plug one in and it did some really wierd stuff with the voltages, blew up a floppy drive and a couple fans. Quite spectacularly i might add, loud bang and poof of electric smoke. Im glad i didnt have anything of value on that molex line.

Overall its an excellent psu, good cables, good rails (a little high), but id rather have high that low, and its very quiet.

Back