Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler $15 AR + ship @ Newegg

xero404

Limp Gawd
From Slickdeals i bought it with their 1333 retention bracket for 10 bucks more

$39.99 - $25 rebate. Purchase date must be between 5/26 and 5/31, rebate must be postmarked within 21 days. Shipping is not free, but it was only $1.99 for me.

Compatible with Socket 754 / 939 / 940 / AM2 / LGA775, comes with some high quality thermal paste. It's pretty big, and might not fit in certain cases.

A handful of people in the reviews have noted a significant increase in performance when replacing top-rated coolers (such as the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro) with this one.

According to the legitreviews.com review it works 5C less good than a Zalman 9700.....I'll pass.

According to the legitreviews.com review it works 5C less good than a Zalman 9700.....I'll pass.

you should link to reviews so that your post is actually helpful to people. to counter your unbased ruling, frosty here gave it second on 775 and 3rd on a few AMD procs by performance. seeing as it beat out the true, v8, and s1283 in their reviews, for $15 i would say this is a DAMN GOOD DEAL and you should stop thread crapping.

yes i have one and i love it even though i paid $35 shipped for mine.:D

hm it seems this doesnt perform as well at high overclocks/high temps but the reviewer even said he thinks a big part of this is due to the fact that he had to mount it sideways on his mobo. on mine i actually had to cut out a little portion of the plastic retention bracket or else i couldnt replace the cpu with the bracket in place. i couldnt open the lever far enough to open the cover on my lga775 socket. you may have to do the same or else remove the bracket to replace the cpu. it can be a pita to install the hsf if you have a psu mounted right above the mobo btw.

And I had just decided I didn't really need a big heatsink...

Before I gave up I was trying to decide between this and the s1283..

But I can't seem to pass up a good deal.

Thanks for posting this!

Don't forget the 2.5% off from live.com

<EDIT> Madshrimps has a review on the sunbeam and a place to compare heatsinks they have tested

They also posted a pic of all their heatsink test results.

Last edited:
I was afraid the shipping was going to be $7 minimum like everything else on newegg, was surprised to see $2

Ordered it with some other stuff... $17 AR for that is an awesome deal.

i want one, but i heard from a couple of people that sunbeam's bad at honoring rebates, anyone here can attest one way or the other? two or so people at slickdeals said they never got the rebates back, and one said he received it.

I purchased one of these in mid. Feb but with the rebate terms........

Please allow 12 – 14 weeks to process after 3/21/2009 (Last postmarked date)

it'll take awhile.

i want one, but i heard from a couple of people that sunbeam's bad at honoring rebates, anyone here can attest one way or the other? two or so people at slickdeals said they never got the rebates back, and one said he received it.

I got one of these when it was $30 - $5 rebate, free shipping. I got my $5 check back :)

Just ordered another one just as backup - these are excellent for the price.

I have that cooler but with a different base (uses the push pins instead).

The pins suck (on my model), but the cooler works very well IMO :) Can't go wrong for that price

thanks for the responses about the rebate, i hope i get it back in 4 months

basically all companies will try to screw you over on rebates. thats why you have to follow their directions exactly and get it back out asap when you get the item. theres always a time frame you have to postmark it by, and a certain way you have to do everything. just be careful, and if you dont get it by when they say you should, then lower your egg rating on newegg and bitch about it. a rep will usually respond pretty quickly with how to contact someone about it. they hate getting those low egg ratings. :)

Plus one for this deal and the price. Purchased for my Q6600 build and I'm running at 3.6 ghz (usually, sometimes higher/lower - still tweaking). Max temps under multiple apps, gaming, folding, and encoding have peaked at 48C on my setup.

these are kick ass (own 5+) .. i wonder if i forgot to do last rebate.. dont think it was worth my time for 10$ to rush and get out my printer hah (i need a wall or ceiling mounted printer)

only drawback is if there is heatpipes around the cpu mounting area.. i tried to even saw down the bracket and it still wouldnt fit.. so had to use worse xigimatic achillies II but has cool (looking) fan at least

this cooler is good.. but i heard it wont fit into the ep43-ud3p/r without any mods.

Back