Summertime game play- What game to buy?

mossman

Gawd
Summer is in 3 weeks for me and I am looking to buy a new game. These are my specs:

Athlon XP 2500+ Barton
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe rev 2.0
1GB DDR PC3200 Corsair XMS
ATi Radeon 9500 pro

I do NOT want to upgrade anything, so the game must be playable on my system.

Should I buy:

Far Cry? (don't know much about)
BF:V ? (don't think it will run smoothly on my machine)

What else is there? I want a first person shooter. And I already have COD. Thanks guys.

i doubt BF:V will run smooth on your machine, your using an ATI card

i agree with dreb, UT2K4 will work

damnit i was gonna suggest CoD too hehe, you can also try warcraft3 or wait for doom3 HL2(which will be out towards the end.....we all hope)

overclock that 2500 to a 3200 and then you got some more firepower and FPS

Originally posted by retardedchicken

overclock that 2500 to a 3200 and then you got some more firepower and FPS

Yeah...I would but, I use my pc for alot of school stuff, and I don't wanna have to worry about it all the time. Doesn't the warrenty come off if you overclock also? I'll have to buy a cooling devise as well? What you recommend? Also...I have the antec sonata case with one 120mm fan in the back..ill prolly have to buy another fan. :(

Naw, my main gaming rig also serves as my school rig too and it's running about 250mhz faster than stock. Tinker with your numbers and see how high you can get it without artifacts or going over 60C.

well i can tell you if WoW ever came out you would be able to play it on that system, on my ti4800 it runs great, too bad the 9800 pro is comming Muuuhahahaha. waiting for the summer games to be realeased

A SWIMMING POOL AND SOME FRESH AIR.

Im sick of sitting in doors, this winter has sucked ass for the northeast, worst season in awhile.

I'll have plenty of sunshine this summer. I'm working at a greenhouse from 7-5 5 days a week.

As for the night time...

Far Cry?
BF:V ?
UT2K4?
wait for a new game to come out?

I'd like to buy it like in 3 weeks, on my first day of summer to congrat myself. :cool:

Originally posted by Typical Gamer
A SWIMMING POOL AND SOME FRESH AIR.

Im sick of sitting in doors, this winter has sucked ass for the northeast, worst season in awhile.

here here... wtf is this shit. Today was like the best day yet, and it still got cloudy...

Oh, and, i'd say HL2, but thats just me. ;)

you wont fry your CPU by just upping its FSB to 200 and the voltage up by .025v and it usually can be done on stock cooling

Originally posted by Stereophile
I would treat yourself to Far Cry.
Ditto. Just finished it and it was, no doubt, on par with Unreal and Half Life.

The eye-candy's amazing, the gameplay is excellent, and there were very few glitches.

I played it on:
Asus A7N8X-X
AXP @ 2200(200x11)
1GB HyperX (1:1)
9500 Pro (327/310)

and played it at:
1280, no AA, low AF
High and Very High eye-candy
AI on "Challenging" (and it WAS)

Worth. Every. Penny.

Get Knights of the Old Republic if you don't have it...it is older, but alas, it is the best game I have played in a while.

Need for Speed: Underground is great, if you haven't rocked that.

I am looking forward to Half-Life 2...if it ever comes out :p. There is a coupon sitting patiently on my desk for a free copy!

I have been playing the shit out of Final Fantasy XI Online. It is really great. I am also wondering what World of Warcraft is going to be like...

UT2004 and Far Cry are the two best 3D action games out right now. I would get ither one of them or if you like strategy games like me i've found alot of enjoyment in Empires: Dawn of the Modern World which is only $20 at GoGamer and CIV3: Conquests the huge expansion pack to the worlds greats strategy game. Also Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and its expansion packs Tribunal and Bloodmoon will keep you busy and drooling for weeks.

Back