Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady)

I'm not really liking what I'm seeing in terms of gameplay or graphics...hopefully this can be played completely solo and co-op is not required...I still have faith in Rocksteady but the departures of studio co-founders Sefton Hill and Jamie Walker are a big loss

they say it can be played solo with bots but the game really seems designed with co-op in mind

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Official Behind the Scenes

Metropolis doesn't look anywhere near as dense or fully realized as Gotham City in the Batman Arkham games...this has the potential to be another Avengers level disaster...I wonder how much involvement Sefton Hill and Jamie Walker had in the development before they left the studio...they also should have tried to get Paul Dini back as lead writer

Battle Pass only contains cosmetic items

Meh, might be fun for a bit but theres already so many of these types of games, this just adds the DC characters. With the success of Hogwarts, its sad that Warner had to turn this game into a GaaS.

best thing I can say about this game based on what they've shown so far is that it looks better than Gotham Knights and The Avengers...but doesn't come close to the amazing Arkham trilogy

Last edited:
Yeah, not really feeling it either - I'd much prefer a focused singleplayer campaign versus a coop focused campaign. Also, I could see myself tiring of the constant quipping between characters (hopefully the trailer just exaggerated this aspect). Truth be told, if not for the Rocksteady name, I could've seen this title getting lost amongst the current and upcoming similar looking/playing co-op focused titles (Gotham Knights, that Vampire title, etc).

Looks like this is just a DC version of Marvel's The Avengers. With how long the game has been in development you'd think they would have learned seeing that game crash and burn.
best thing I can say about this game based on what they've shown so far is that it looks better than Gotham Knights and The Avengers...but doesn't come close to the amazing Arkham trilogy
Which is a low bar to cross.

Yikes. I was looking forward to this game too. Looks like I may just be keeping my cash in my pocket. Sad. I was hoping for a really good game. I'll still keep an eye out for it although that first trailer wasn't good. Also I don't think any game can compete with the Arkham games. They are imperfect masterpieces kinda lol.

FFS! It's like nobody learned the lesson from ANTHEM.
Anthem's issue was being an unfinished mess of a game. There was a good concept there that wasn't fully realized.

The problem with games like this is their concept is fully realized, and they expect people to eat it up.

Looks like this is just a DC version of Marvel's The Avengers. With how long the game has been in development you'd think they would have learned seeing that game crash and burn

I'm guessing that they realized too late that this GaaS model was wrong but had no choice but to move forward because of the time and resources they put into it...the departures of Rocksteady co-founders (Sefton Hill and Jamie Walker) probably had a lot to do with the direction of this game...once you build a game around the GaaS elements it's hard to take all that out

sad because I'd love to have seen a single player Rocksteady game set in Metropolis

Last edited:
Doesn't look too bad. This is one I'll enjoy with a friend for co op. Nice to have the option for solo but the way it looks so far I'll just wait and try and play it with friends. I say wait for reviews on this one (This means you comixbooks) From what we've seen so far i think it'll score 7.5-8.

Guys I just watched another review and let's not write it off just yet, we could have something good on our hands here. The traversal of the characters looks very cool the gunplay is third person just like in the Arkham series I'm going to save judgment or full judgment for when I actually get to see more gameplay footage and storyline footage

Doesn't look too bad. This is one I'll enjoy with a friend for co op. Nice to have the option for solo but the way it looks so far I'll just wait and try and play it with friends. I say wait for reviews on this one (This means you comixbooks) From what we've seen so far i think it'll score 7.5-8.
Yeah I agree actually playing it could be better than what we are sizing it up to be just now

Guys I just watched another review and let's not write it off just yet, we could have something good on our hands here. The traversal of the characters looks very cool the gunplay is third person just like in the Arkham series I'm going to save judgment or full judgment for when I actually get to see more gameplay footage and storyline footage

the traversal doesn't look all that great with the various characters- reminds me of Gotham Knights and the way the various characters used their abilities to traverse the map...but I do have faith in Rocksteady so I'm going to wait and see...King Shark and Deadshot look like the best characters to play based on the previews

There is no gunplay in the Arkham series.

But you ironically hit on the primary issue I had watching the video. This game is a third-person shooter. Why is King Shark using guns when he's basically a DC version of Hulk? Deadshot should be the only firearms expert. If I would liken it to a RPG: Harley should be a thief, Boomerang should be a rogue, King Shark should be a bruiser, and Deadshot should be a ranger. The characters should be playing to what makes them unique instead of having them all flying around like nothing and using the same guns.

I think the game looks like it could be a fun co-op experience, not sure how it will hold up single player though and I doubt the story will be all that exciting. Pity that this is Kevin Conroy’s final performance. I hope it has couch co-op or, at least, that the Xbox and PC versions can cross play. I would have picked up Gotham Knights if it didn’t require buying more systems to play co-op with my roommate.

There is no gunplay in the Arkham series.

But you ironically hit on the primary issue I had watching the video. This game is a third-person shooter. Why is King Shark using guns when he's basically a DC version of Hulk? Deadshot should be the only firearms expert. If I would liken it to a RPG: Harley should be a thief, Boomerang should be a rogue, King Shark should be a bruiser, and Deadshot should be a ranger. The characters should be playing to what makes them unique instead of having them all flying around like nothing and using the same guns.
True. Maybe they did it that way to give somewhat of a feeling of fluid combat like Arkham. Even if they have firearms now where Batman predominantly beat the shit outta everyone 😂

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Reportedly Delayed Again

Insider extraordinaire Jason Schreier writes that, according to a person familiar with the matter, the game has been pushed back to later this year...the delay is necessary mostly to fix bugs and improve aspects of the game that were lagging behind and won’t overhaul many of the core gameplay that had led to the backlash

a new release date hasn't been mentioned...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-suicide-squad-game-again-after-fan-backlash

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has been delayed to 2024...in a social media post, developer Rocksteady confirmed that the action game is now slated to release on February 2, 2024...

https://twitter.com/suicidesquadRS/status/1646593761022038017

Squad.png

An entire year isn't just for bug fixing. They are doing something to address concerns people brought up after the gameplay reveal. I wonder what they will be doing with it.

An entire year isn't just for bug fixing. They are doing something to address concerns people brought up after the gameplay reveal. I wonder what they will be doing with it.

I would hope so but rumors are it's going to be keeping the GaaS aspect which is the biggest problem

I hope they give them each individual abilities and cooldowns that are unique to their characters I think that was the biggest complaint.

Combat looks more dynamic than the initial gameplay reveal, but it is still leaning heavily into a looter shooter. It's not like they can completely change the game at this point, so I at least give them credit for the changes they were able to make. It's just too bad that WB said they are going all-in on the live service model in their games going forward in spite of the widespread criticism.

Combat looks more dynamic than the initial gameplay reveal, but it is still leaning heavily into a looter shooter. It's not like they can completely change the game at this point, so I at least give them credit for the changes they were able to make. It's just too bad that WB said they are going all-in on the live service model in their games going forward in spite of the widespread criticism.
Ouch, the live service part kills it.YIkes.

Pre-Purchase Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
$69.99
Add to Cart

I rather buy another Valari Pillow Cover

Back