Sugo SG03 Build, Best HSF?... With max height of 8.5cm?

Sh4h

n00b
Hi guys, I was planning on the following build:

-Silvestone Sugo-SG03
-Asus P5K-VM
-C2D E6420
-Corsair HX620W PSU

My primary concern is the heatsink for the CPU, of course Silverstone recommends running their NT06 passively, letting the PSU fan cool it, however I've seen reviews of the NT06 where it barely outperforms the stock Intel HSF.

So I was hoping to know which is the best HSF, either run passively or not that would fit into the Sugo SG03 as I plan on changing the fan in the Corsair PSU as this guy did.

Judging from the reviews online, the clearance is only 8.5 cm or 3.34 inches. Also judging by the 1st pic in this review, Silverstone's own crossflow fan would not fit if I were to use their NT06 :rolleyes:, the 3rd pic shows the small amount of clearance while using the NT06 which is 7.7cm tall iirc.

So far the HSF's that I've found will fit include the Zalman Fatal1ty, Zalman CNPS8000, the Thermaltake Blue Orb and the Thermalright SI-120 but I believe the SI-120 is discontinued and is replaced by the SI-128 which exceeds the clearance :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The NT06 Lite is the best choice combined with a SilverStone PSU. In fact the ST50F modular PSU with the short cables (PP03) is a great choice.

Since you are keeping your current PSU I'd just get the NT06-Lite like that guy did and go with it.

The crossflow fan is not that great so I'd stay away from it.

Sh4h,
what did you decide to go with? is the Corsair HX620W able to cool the NT06-lite like the ST50F is able to?

Does anyone know if the NT06-Lite can be used with a Q6600 quadcore?

Link

8700_02.jpg

Dimension 120(L) X 123(W) X 67(H) mm:)

Is the best x sg-03 :confused: :confused:

It should fit just fine, it's gonna be about the size of the 7700, which is about 63mm tall. I don't think the 8700 is out yet though.

Supposed to be in stock starting July. I see it at a few online retailers. silentpcusa ... sharkacomputers. i think i'll wait a week before i buy it.

Sh4h,
what did you decide to go with? is the Corsair HX620W able to cool the NT06-lite like the ST50F is able to?

Does anyone know if the NT06-Lite can be used with a Q6600 quadcore?

I went with the NT06 & a Silverstone 650W I had lying around, installed the OEM HSF first, tested the temps then installed the NT06. Since I couldn't fit the FM122 fan that came with the HS, I used it on the front of the Sugo instead (mounted the fan controller on the single slot mount at the back of the case above the PSU), also I took the fan from the Intel OEM HS and mounted it under the NT06, blowing upward (really ghetto modded though, I just wrapped the fan wires around the heatpipes to hold it in place :p ).

Temps with the OEM were roughly 65-66c load :eek: but I'm staying in a warm climate, with the NT06 and mods its down to about 55c load. Not that great I suppose, CPU is a C2D E6600 @ stock frequency, also the NT06's base dosent seem as shiny/nicely lapped as other HSFs I've seen.

Back