Suggestions for Water Cooled 4930k and 4 Titans

clayton006

[H]ard|Gawd
(So given the system in my signature) I just added a 4th Titan I picked up used and I'm looking to "finish" this PC. My temps so far seem to be doing well, but I did buy a dual pump top and another pump because I plan on adding some custom made Vreg and chipset blocks and I'm worried about flow rate and restriction.

Right now I have two Rads:
1-Black Ice GTX 480
1-Low FPI 360 (Can't remember brand)

With my CPU and my four GPU blocks I'm worried about adding the chipset blocks and if I will take a huge hit to my flow rate. Any thoughts on my system?

One Drive Image Links:
http://1drv.ms/1tdp48o
http://1drv.ms/1tdp6NE

wfarid

Limp Gawd
Holy cow thats pretty.

I think cooling chipset won't really help too much and it will be too restrictive. But that is a personal decision of yours.

You should do a quick test to see if it's beneficial -- just put a fan right on top of the chipset/vrms at full power and see if it makes a difference in stability/overclock.

clayton006

[H]ard|Gawd
Thank you.

Right now I have a 120mm fan blowing in that direction of the chipset. ASRock has a fan called "X-Fan" to cool the two PLX chips and the LSI raid controller there. Anytime that X-Fan is running it is annoyingly loud. The temporary fan there helps avoid this problem.

I've got the custom blocks on order so that is a done deal. I'm just trying to figure out if I had the vreg, and chipset blocks, and another radiator if two 655 pumps in serial will be enough flow.

I imagine if I have enough flow with one pump now that two pumps should be enough?

wfarid

Limp Gawd
Yea two pumps should be enough. If you notice a big jump in your temps, then you'll have to re-config. 655s are quite strong pumps so it should be fine.

Exyia

Limp Gawd
dual d5 pumps really put out a huge amount of flow when cranked upwards (and I still find them quiet until ~75% speed)

I only have 3 titans and a cpu block, but at 75% speed, my dual d5's can empty my 250ml res within ~2 seconds