Suggestions for games on old laptop

horrorshow

Lakewood Original
I'm sure there have been threads like this one before. But me asking can't hurt.

I'm going to be stuck on my old x61 Thinkpad for the next week and was hoping you guys
could suggest some great games for me to play. (ALL suggestions welcome!!)

Specs:

IBM Thinkpad x61

Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz
2 GB DDR2
x3100 Intel Graphics (I believe I allocated 128mb to it, I'll max it out in the BIOS obv)
- Running WinXP 32bit

On my trusty ole 19" Samsung CRT (so I can vary resolutions etc)

You guys have always been awesome and super helpful so THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

-Horrorshow

I know what I'd play. Transport Tycoon. (OpenTTD) Anything with 3D graphics on that would be brave.

I know what I'd play. Transport Tycoon. (OpenTTD) Anything with 3D graphics on that would be brave.

Yeah based on my research, Warcraft 3 with the "force software T&L" is about as far as I can take it.

Might also help to know that which genre you like to play.
Since that laptop is pretty weak, you can use it as a dos box.

Depending on how many of the old classics you have played this could be a good GOG system ... clasics such as Diablo 2, Warcraft, Heroes of Might and Magic, Might and Magic, Wizardry, etc should all play perfectly and are classics

and for the truly adventurous there are titles like Zork

"You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here."

:D

Really depends on your preferences regarding games. I would be playing all of the Quake games.. I would imagine even Q3 would play very well on that.

Or Unreal Tournament.. command and conquer games.. StarCraft.. Warcraft.. really anything that isn't heavily dependent on graphics.

If you could upgrade that memory to 4gb that would really open the game list you could play. Usually a very each and cheap upgrade.

Back