Suggestions for dual 27" LCD?

Looking at upgrading my 2x 24" Dell U2410s to a couple of 27" models. Been looking at the U2715H. The resolution is a nice upgrade, USB3 is nice, daisy-chaining DisplayPort is handy, the smaller bezel won't suck up as much desk space. I just can't get over that there is no USB on the side, it's only in the back. I really don't want to velcro a USB hub or extension to the side! I plug in enough USB devices on the side for it to be a nice feature. It won't kill me, but the 2x I have on the side now are nice.

I'm just wondering if there is something else I should be looking at that has good color gamut, USB 3.0, DisplayPort, and hopefully USB on the side.

Thanks for any input.

If you have nvidia, i'd rather suggest going 3x24, as they purposedly left nvsurround support for even number of multi-monitors only for quadro gpus, for gaming gpus - only n+1 monitors (except if it's for early 4K MST with whitelisted EDIDs). As for USB .. my choice again would be separate usb hub that won't tie ports to specific monitors and can be placed even more convenient.

Looking at upgrading my 2x 24" Dell U2410s to a couple of 27" models. Been looking at the U2715H. The resolution is a nice upgrade, USB3 is nice, daisy-chaining DisplayPort is handy, the smaller bezel won't suck up as much desk space. I just can't get over that there is no USB on the side, it's only in the back. I really don't want to velcro a USB hub or extension to the side! I plug in enough USB devices on the side for it to be a nice feature. It won't kill me, but the 2x I have on the side now are nice.

I'm just wondering if there is something else I should be looking at that has good color gamut, USB 3.0, DisplayPort, and hopefully USB on the side.

Thanks for any input.
NEC MultiSync EA274WMi-BK has USB 3.0 including 2 on the side and DisplayPort with sRGB gamut. It also has ControlSync to keep your display settings (e.g. brightness, volume, etc.) in sync together.

At work we have used lots of the 24" or 23" NEC monitors with those touch controls and power saving mode. They have not been reliable for us. Controls not working, light dimming in and out for no reason. Have not been impressed with the user experience.

At work we have used lots of the 24" or 23" NEC monitors with those touch controls and power saving mode. They have not been reliable for us. Controls not working, light dimming in and out for no reason. Have not been impressed with the user experience.

I'd be interested in hearing more on this. I'll PM you my email address because that does not seem right.

-- Art

Back