Currently I have a:

qx6800
Striker extreme mobo
6X500gb sata T-spin
4 Gb patriot memory
2 evga ultra 8800 sli
1000 watt psu enermax
Case cool master stacker 830

I want a board that will utilize the cpu full FSB. That’s easy to setup and maybe able to overclock. I’m planning on buying 2 gtx in the next couple of months hopefully. Also if there bigger case, please suggest one.

Thanks

Are you looking to move to i7 or just looking for a replacement for the striker to OC your current CPU better?

If you're trying to keep both cards for SLI, I'm not sure what you can do other than move to i7/X58.

If you want to drop one of the cards, I'd probably get a good P45 board for max FSB OC's.

Right now im looking to maximize my performance for my cpu. I dont want to spend $1000.00 for a new cpu.

You should be able to get an i7 920, a good X58 board, and 6GB of DDR3 for under $600 if you keep an eye out for combos and sales.

Whatever you get, just make sure the X58 supports SLI as not all of them do.

Personally, I'd probably get the eVGA X58 board as it has a good warranty, good performance, and is relatively cheap compared to other boards.

As for the bigger case, there isn't much really unless you want to go to a cube style case unless you have specific needs with regards to size (more room for HD's, etc).

For the motherboard, the EVGA and DFI UT X58's have excellent reviews and the current 920's OC to 3.8 or 4GHz relatively easily. Toss in 6gb of OCZ platinum ddr3 ram and for ~$660-700 you can get the best bang for your buck i7 upgrade available. After selling your current CPU/mobo/ram/GPU's you could also just get the GTX cards now and do a total overhaul of your system.

Back