Suggestions for 2nd Video Card - Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilAlchemist

2[H]4U
I am working on adding a additional monitors to our 911 stations at my work.

Currently, they are standard Dell Optiplex 9020 with:

nVidia GTX 645 OEM
2x Dell U2412M Monitors

We are going to add a third monitor to each setup. Most specs I have read state the current card *could* handle a third monitor, but i think just adding a second GPU is the better option with these high resolutions of these monitors. The PSU has no pci-e power adapters. I do have a second PCI-E 16x slot free as well.

Can anyone suggest a good gpu for this system?

We have a slew of 7010s and we are using the onboard display port with the 2 off the GPU. There is an option for multi monitor in the bios that allows the Intel GPU and pcie to work together. We run triples with this 2x 19" and a 24" 1200p. Some have triple 24" and run great.

We have a slew of 7010s and we are using the onboard display port with the 2 off the GPU. There is an option for multi monitor in the bios that allows the Intel GPU and pcie to work together. We run triples with this 2x 19" and a 24" 1200p. Some have triple 24" and run great.

Very Interesting. That never would have crossed my mind.
The system does have 2x DP ports off the Intel Chipset and the nVidia card can power the others. I found an article saying how to enable this http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19579502

Thanks for the idea schizrade. never would have thought of that:D

Wow you just described my desk at work.
Although I run 2 off the Display Port and 1 off the GPU.

EDIT: never mind, there is a version of the 645 that's a Fermi re-brand. Proceed with the Intel IGP method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back