Suggestions for 24-inch LCD

mis3

Gawd
I plan to replace my current HP W2207h monitor with a bigger LCD. my applications are mostly browsing and office works.

I went to my firend's house and I was impressed with his Dell 2407WFP. This Dell 2407 is a few years old so probably I will not be able to get one. Any suggestions of a LCD with PQ as good as this Dell?

What is your budget? The 2407WFP is a PVA panel, hence its higher PQ. IPS offers a (slightly?) higher PQ. Both are much, much better than TN, but TN is the most common because its the cheapest and is what you will find on pretty much every LCD that places like Best Buy carry.

I just got a Dell U2410 (24in, IPS) and I like it. Best looking monitor I've ever seen or owned.

The question is.. what is your budget? You can get a Dell U2410 24" but, it's $500.00. If your applications is just browsing and office works, I don't see why a larger TN panel with a higher resolution can't fit your needs. If you're willing to spend $500 on the Dell U2410 then you won't be dissappointed. If not, the ASUS VW266H 25.5" display for $300 will fit your needs. Yeah, it's another TN panel but, you gain 3.5" in screen size and a higher resolution.

BTW, I have that HP W2207H monitor myself. I just use it mainly for browsing also. I have it in portrait mode.

You are right. I may not need an IPS panel for my applications.

Any suggestions for a good 24-inch TN panel? How about Dell G2410 ($279 CAN) or Dell ST2410 ($220 CAN)?

Last edited:
The thing about those Dells is the monitors aspect ratio is 16:9 (1920x1080) vs 16:10 (1920x1200). You will lose 120 pixels in height. The resolution is lower than the Dell 2407 and the U2410.

I would spend the extra money to get the ASUS VW266H with the 1920x1200 res. Plus, it would be good that the monitor is bigger at 25.5" because since your moving higher in resolution, the text will become smaller. I have an ASUS 16:9 monitor myself but, don't use it for browsing the web or officework. I only use it for gaming and watching movies. The monitors I use for browsing are the 22", and 2 x 19" displays.

Last edited:
ASUS VW266H 25.5" , another vote for that . I use it for my 360 and its a beautiful monitor for being a TN panel. Has tons of tweakable options and can get pretty decent color.

Oh, something to keep in mind is that IPS and PVA panels can be used in portrait, which is AWESOME for web browsing and office work. A TN in portrait is horrendous. I don't mean that in an elitist accurate colors or GTFO sense, I mean in the sense that it is exceedingly obvious that blue on the left side of the monitor turns into purple on the right side. It is really annoying to use a TN in portrait.

Back